White Sox/A's-- Pre-series Discussion

flavum

What are the pitching matchups?

I would think former Sox Bassitt will get a start, most likely game 2. The A’s pretty much have to trot a lefty out there for game 1 (I’m guessing Luzardo).

I would counter with Gio for game 1 follow by Dallas. McCann catches game 1 and gets to face a lefty.

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

What are the pitching matchups?

I would think former Sox Bassitt will get a start, most likely game 2. The A’s pretty much have to trot a lefty out there for game 1 (I’m guessing Luzardo).

I would counter with Gio for game 1 follow by Dallas. McCann catches game 1 and gets to face a lefty.

They probably go with Manaea in game 1.

Assuming Eloy can only play DH and everyone else is healthy and we face a lefty my ideal lineup would be:

Anderson

Madrigal

Abreu

Jimenez

Moncada

Robert

McCann

Engel

L. Garcia

If Eloy can't go:

Anderson

Madrigal

Grandal

Abreu

Moncada

Robert

McCann

Engel

L. Garcia

Edited by BigHurt3515
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

It's obvious at this point that Cishek is a reader of this board and doesn't have any real sources. He just reads what people are speculating about on here and pretends he has sources.

I mean, he literally stole that from fathom in today’s game thread.  So either he’s lurking on the regular or he’s simply fathom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Truth.  I honestly think the Sox saw NO advantage in winning the division, or at least viewed it as LESS important than health, bullpen readiness, lineup readiness etc.  

There really wasn’t. They got a significantly better matchup by not winning. Limping in kinda sucks, but the bats woke up and well be depending on the best pitchers. 

I think we all would have preferred they played much better the last week, but that would be mostly eyewash. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

A few interesting comments from A's fans that I read suggested that they're mad about the 12:00 PM (local) start time because apparently their ballpark at that time of day and at 80-90 degree temps plays favorably to righty power hitters, i.e. the White Sox

Sounds like their fans are about just as crazy as us White Sox fans.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

A few interesting comments from A's fans that I read suggested that they're mad about the 12:00 PM (local) start time because apparently their ballpark at that time of day and at 80-90 degree temps plays favorably to righty power hitters, i.e. the White Sox

Everything but the House of Horrors and Ricky Renteria plays to the Sox advantage.

Alliteration is our enemy.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, hi8is said:

Most encouraging things...

1.) We haven't lost to LHP all year

2.) Robert is waking up

3.) YoYo is waking up

4.) We won't be in no starter mode for the first two games of a three game set

5.) Madrigal is magical

6.) Pray that RR puts the best players on the field ( not holding my breath )

7.) Hopefully we have Eloy back

8.) Jose is Jose

9.) Our bullpen should be nails with the top dogs going strong

10.) It's baseball, so why not

I would like to thank this post and those who enjoyed this post for my 1,000th piece of flair.  Office Space shout out.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, he literally stole that from fathom in today’s game thread.  So either he’s lurking on the regular or he’s simply fathom.

I think his source is Jimmy. He had the Eloy extension stuff right after Jimmy. All his stuff that is correct, Jimmy has either posted or tweeted before him.

• Like 1

Here is another thing to note. The ALDS starts Monday October 5th. So there is no reason we should be using any bad pitchers. We can go all out in a potential game 3 for a short leash day. Hell, if we win game one and have a lead in game 2, we may want to go all out to win game 2. That would give us 4 days of rest. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 2