Sign in to follow this  
flavum

White Sox/A's-- Pre-series Discussion

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He's not gonna play LF if he plays. Gotta be at DH.

I think Grandal will be at DH. McCann is catching Giolito game 1 for sure.

• Like 3

I like it. Obviously the sox could easily lose that series especially if they keep hitting like the last 7 games but still oakland at least has 2 left handed starters and an OK but not super great offense.

The sox need to score early though because he As have a lights out pen, so they sox need to score multiple runs the first 5 innings

The As are not an easy opponent but definitely prefer them over the Yankees or Indians.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

Oh damn you're right. At least McCann's bat will be in the lineup.

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It wouldn't be a surprise if we won. I like the matchup but with the days off leading up to the ALDS, I think we need a short leash on SP's. Oakland's bullpen is lights out, so it will be important for us to get early leads.

I would start DK game one. I would also play Garcia in LF if healthy, Engel in CF, and Robert in RF while Eloy DH's.  

Robert is not playing RF

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

And isn’t Eloy questionable to be ready even for game 1?

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

And isn’t Eloy questionable to be ready even for game 1?

If Garcia is coming back I wouldn't doubt if Eloy is left off the roster for the first round

10 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Yep. No chance Ricky leaves the biggest fish we signed this offseason on the bench in round 1 of the playoffs

Another thing to mention: on Tuesday it'll be cool in Chicago. It'll be 86 in NoCal. Maybe that helps Abreu, Moncada and Robert?

• Like 1

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Another thing to mention: on Tuesday it'll be cool in Chicago. It'll be 86 in NoCal. Maybe that helps Abreu, Moncada and Robert?

very good point also gonna help if they advance they wouldn't have to travel far to LA for the NLDS

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

very good point also gonna help if they advance they wouldn't have to travel far to LA for the NLDS

Yep, makin' their way down the coast...Oakland, LA, San Diego.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If Garcia is coming back I wouldn't doubt if Eloy is left off the roster for the first round

Leave EE off so Eloy can at least pinch hit. 

3 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Leave EE off so Eloy can at least pinch hit. 

I hope he is healthy enough and we do that but I don't trust this organization to make the smart move if he is healthy

In a big park like this I expect Madrigal to have a huge 2-3 games. Can’t afford to play shallow in this park and he get one over their heads in my opinion, so he’s gonna get a chance for some bloopers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Robert is not playing RF

If Eloy DHs and they want to play Leury he should play RF. Engel may not be as fast but i trust him more as the roamer in Oakland. I also trust him more in shadows and making plays at the wall. 

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

This game is going to start at like 10:00 eastern with Oakland being the home team, isn't it?

It sure is. 

For TV, games will either be 2 / 3 or 9 CDT. With eight games on Wed and Thur, I’m expecting a day game after a night game if it goes 3.

TB Toronto will be the first game each day.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

No Matt Chapman, a declining offense (to be fair, ours has been too), and lefty starting pitchers that are objectively worse than Giolito/Keuchel. Wish we were at home, but couldn't have gotten a better matchup

• Like 2

It's obvious at this point that Cishek is a reader of this board and doesn't have any real sources. He just reads what people are speculating about on here and pretends he has sources.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

No Matt Chapman, a declining offense (to be fair, ours has been too), and lefty starting pitchers that are objectively worse than Giolito/Keuchel. Wish we were at home, but couldn't have gotten a better matchup

Yep this is as good as you could hope for.  Some signs of life from Robert was great this weekend, and the main bullpen pieces look dynamic.