Playoff roster adjustments

Jnooch

Will there be any changes to roster for the playoffs? I don't think we need 15 pitchers for a 3 game series followed by 2 days off. 
Keep one of Rodon/ Gonzalez off roster for opening round and add a LH bat off the bench. Collins has some pop as a PH and also an emergency 3rd catcher, especially if one of our catchers is DHing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I would leave EE off for Collins or Mercedes but we know that is not happening.

I'll give it a 50% chance that EE is left off . The Renteria quotes sounded like a we are leaving him off speech . You have to have McCann and Grandal playing together and hopefully Eloy in LF .  If Eloy can't play the field that complicates things . If EE is left off we probably do see Collins. I'm more than fine if we need a PH against a lefty that whoever is not playing amongst McCann, Engel and Leury that they are more than adequate . Engel has hit RH just as good if not better than he hit LH this year and as a sub  in 13 AB he has 7 hits which more than likely means he has been our best pinch hitter.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

11 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'll give it a 50% chance that EE is left off . The Renteria quotes sounded like a we are leaving him off speech . You have to have McCann and Grandal playing together and hopefully Eloy in LF .  If Eloy can't play the field that complicates things . If EE is left off we probably do see Collins. I'm more than fine if we need a PH against a lefty that whoever is not playing amongst McCann, Engel and Leury that they are more than adequate . Engel has hit RH just as good if not better than he hit LH this year and as a sub  in 13 AB he has 7 hits which more than likely means he has been our best pinch hitter.

Renteria quotes?