Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 1 - First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I  feel nothing right now.  I'm not anxious or excited or worried but I am ready to watch Sox playoff baseball.  I think the last two weeks just drained all the emotion out of me with this team.  We've seen the best and worst of them.  They won't need to be at their best to take this series, but they can't be at their worst that's for sure.

Go Sox.  

Last week was miserable. Horrible. A kick in the nuts. But it was last week, the week is over, the season is over, its all in the past. WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 12 YEARS. 

source.gif

Time to reset and get excited my man. 

• Like 3

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Eloy should DH the whole series as the injury answers any questions.  Keeps him out of a spacious park and would have to be pulled for defensive switch earlier than in a smaller park.

I just really want Grandal in the lineup today.  We are facing a rookie who could get a little rattled, and I want a guy like Grandal who is going to make him work and see a lot of pitches.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Last week was miserable. Horrible. A kick in the nuts. But it was last week, the week is over, the season is over, its all in the past. WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 12 YEARS. 

source.gif

Time to reset and get excited my man. 

Man we have a lot of fan policing here.  I got a lot going on in my life man sports are just a small part.  I can't really afford to put my emotional eggs in something I have zero control over.  That said. GO SOX.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I just really want Grandal in the lineup today.  We are facing a rookie who could get a little rattled, and I want a guy like Grandal who is going to make him work and see a lot of pitches.

Me too. I wouldn’t mind grandal on the two hole right there working 8-10 pitches the first inning

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Man we have a lot of fan policing here.  I got a lot going on in my life man sports are just a small part.  I can't really afford to put my emotional eggs in something I have zero control over.  That said. GO SOX.

He isn't policing you, man, just trying to get you fired up.  

playoffs baby, need you to be in on the vibe

LFG!!!!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

woah sorry, never meant to imply you were a bad fan or anything like that, I was just trying to pep talk you up a bit. That said, I hope the other things in your life get better, sped along by good vibes from a White Sox win today

• Like 1