southsider2k5

Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 1 - First Pitch at 2 PM CT

I haven’t really been that nervous today, but I’ll admit the thought of a Colome 9th inning with a three run lead does terrify a bit.  And yes, I know he’s been awesome this year, but that doesn’t make watching him any less stressful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

???

keep Bumer in

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I haven’t really been that nervous today, but I’ll admit the thought of a Colome 9th inning with a three run lead does terrify a bit.  And yes, I know he’s been awesome this year, but that doesn’t make watching him any less stressful.

Colome hasn't given up 3 earned runs the entire season combined. 0.00000% chance he gives up 3 runs here.

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

So, why didn't oakland start Bassit for the first game?

Today would be only 3 days rest for him, he pitched on the 25th. 

• Thanks 1

y'all colome has earned this. What has he done this year to say he can't close this out?

Just now, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Just gonna leave this here.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/closers

still never makes it easy, I think that's everyone's point Yes stats good, but raising our BP all the time-bad. Hope he can close it out!!

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The only bad thing about today is the announcer saying Eloy didn’t look so good on the field before the game.

He never looks that good in the field.

All that matters is that he can look good holding a bat. 

Just now, bmags said:

y'all colome has earned this. What has he done this year to say he can't close this out?

He absolutely should be out there. That doesn't mean my heart is ready for the Colome show. 

• Love 1

Just now, mqr said:

He absolutely should be out there. That doesn't mean my heart is ready for the Colome show. 

Sit back, relax, and watch that cutter do it's work in a GIGANTIC stadium and foul territory

Just now, bmags said:

Yeah. Colome is the closer and he has a 3 run lead. This is definitely a situation for him.