Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 1 - First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

Anyone else have a cold Sox Golden Ale to virtually 🍻 with me after 3 more outs?

I tempted fate and finished with a Cubby Blue at the Goose Island Brewpub. Good beer, don’t be fooled by the name.

86-FFE7-C8-5334-4344-8-E37-5-ABC24-E42-E

Edited by South Side Hit Men

11 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Its the playoffs. I could be rooting for the roided up ghosts of the 27 yankees managed by some unholy mash-up of Tony LaRussa and Sparky Anderson and I'd still be on the ledge the entire time. 

Cool so help me off too. I get it dude. I was checking my phone every 2 minutes.

2 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Everybody off the ledge now?

Off the ledge when I saw we drew Oakland and how our bats showed some signs of life in the last couple games.

Should we move on - More concerned in a 5 game series than I am in a 7 game series at the moment.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Off the ledge when I saw we drew Oakland and how our bats showed some signs of life in the last couple games.

Should we move on - More concerned in a 5 game series than I am in a 7 game series at the moment.

I am off the eldge, if we win this series agaist Oakland. Anything else would be just gravy since the Sox don’t have the starting pitching to make a deep playoff run. 
Obviously won’t complain if they win it all, but I am not going to be devastated if they get bounced in the ALDS.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I am off the eldge, if we win this series agaist Oakland. Anything else would be just gravy since the Sox don’t have the starting pitching to make a deep playoff run. 
Obviously won’t complain if they win it all, but I am not going to be devastated if they get bounced in the ALDS.

If this team starts playing like they did earlier in the season and against the Twins before they fell apart... really anything is possible... especially with the pen at full strength.

Gotta love baseball but I also don’t have any expectations. They’ve already met them and in many ways have exceeded them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

but cell service is hi8is out there...

All deserve a temporary break from reality.. by anchor through armor, lead, or stone. May you be a dreamer, a mystic, one lost, or found... even should you be a silicone cell phone.

• Like 1