***Official 2020 Offseason Dynasty League

TheCommish

What a good season, I can't believe we actually had a season, I thought MLB would start, and then get shut down by the Corona!

Congrats to Rocky for his first victory in this league! I just didn't have enough to knock him off. While it was a shortened season, your team was great all year! Congrats!

There are a few house cleaning items to discuss. Some have already posted their thoughts on the below items via e-mail, but wanted to post them in here as well.

1. Usage of N/A players on your MLB Roster
Option A: Do nothing
Option B: Make adjustments that only a certain # of N/A players can be your MLB Roster
2. PUP List
Option A: Increase PUP to 3 - can move players to PUP in season (if suspended, out for remainder of year, opt out because of health concerns)
Option B: Increase PUP to 3 - but same rules, only use during off season
Option 😄 Leave as is
3. IL List
Option A: Increase IL from 3 to 4 if we leave PUP alone to help with the above mentioned issues
Option B: Leave as is
4. Divisions
Option A: Leave as is
Option B: Abolish divisions and go back to 16 team standard league

If you all could weigh in on the above that would be great.

My feelings are:
1 - A
2 - A
3 - B
4 - B

Attached you'll find the final 2020 rosters, please verify I have them correctly, especially the minor and PUP guys. I left the people on PUP, they may not be eligible this next year there, but was easiest way to fill out the roster. Please verify your e-mail address that I have listed for you as we want a secondary option to get a hold of you!

As always... let the trading begin!!!!

Vote Count: (TheCommish, Rocky, ma-gaga, JamesC35,Kroozah,102605,Marqhead,Moochpuppy,cws05champ,roadkill,ma-gaga,getonbckthr,RCWHITESOX) - some votes cast on e-mail

A = 10
B = 5

A = 12
B = 1
C = 1

A = 4
B = 10

A = 2
B = 5

Dynasty 2020 Offseason Roster.pdf

Edited by TheCommish

Also, I'm assuming 100% is coming back in 2021??? Please confirm that you are returning as well, honestly a vote pretty much says that too! 

So far I find 14 of 16 teams registered on this site, everyone's name pretty much stayed the same, waiting for El Prospectos and Roadkill to register:

"Over By There" is now "over by dere"

"JohnTucker0814" is now "TheCommish"

"Rocky Soprano" is now "Rocky"

"The Vulture" is now "Vulture"

Edited by TheCommish
  • Like 1

1 B  I want to play against a complete team, not against a handful of players, makes it for a dull week

2 A  because of suspension and the concussion protocol

3 B  I  think that there was more injuries just because of how season was with the start, stop and start again

4 A or B doesn't matter, still have to be one of the top 6 no matter what

On 9/29/2020 at 9:18 AM, TheCommish said:

What a good season, I can't believe we actually had a season, I thought MLB would start, and then get shut down by the Corona!

Congrats to Rocky for his first victory in this league! I just didn't have enough to knock him off. While it was a shortened season, your team was great all year! Congrats!

There are a few house cleaning items to discuss. Some have already posted their thoughts on the below items via e-mail, but wanted to post them in here as well.

1. Usage of N/A players on your MLB Roster
Option A: Do nothing
Option B: Make adjustments that only a certain # of N/A players can be your MLB Roster
2. PUP List
Option A: Increase PUP to 3 - can move players to PUP in season (if suspended, out for remainder of year, opt out because of health concerns)
Option B: Increase PUP to 3 - but same rules, only use during off season
Option 😄 Leave as is
3. IL List
Option A: Increase IL from 3 to 4 if we leave PUP alone to help with the above mentioned issues
Option B: Leave as is
4. Divisions
Option A: Leave as is
Option B: Abolish divisions and go back to 16 team standard league

If you all could weigh in on the above that would be great.

My feelings are:
1 - A
2 - A
3 - B
4 - B

Attached you'll find the final 2020 rosters, please verify I have them correctly, especially the minor and PUP guys. I left the people on PUP, they may not be eligible this next year there, but was easiest way to fill out the roster. Please verify your e-mail address that I have listed for you as we want a secondary option to get a hold of you!

As always... let the trading begin!!!!

Vote Count: (TheCommish, Rocky, ma-gaga, JamesC35,Kroozah)

A = 3
B = 2

A = 5
B = 0
C = 0

A = 0
B = 5

A = 0
B = 2

Dynasty 2020 Offseason Roster.pdf

My votes are as follows:

1) A.

2) A.

3) B.

4) A. (The added randomness is part of baseball)

Based on the votes so far it's looking like the following:

1. n/a players will remain in tact how the current rules work. There are 8 votes in favor of leaving it, and if there isn't a majority, we won't change rules. I think the key take away is when owners have many n/a players, I think we know exactly what they are doing and they are trying to be competitive. 

2. PUP list - 9 are in favor of adding a 3 PUP position and allowing players to be moved to the PUP list during the year in the event of season ending injury, suspension, and opt out for health reasons

3. IL List - IL list will stay at 3 as it is today with a majority of votes in.

4. Not enough votes yet, since I added it to this post instead of on the e-mail thread. Please vote to see if you want to leave as is or go to the old way of 16 teams in 1 division! Right now the vote is to abolish the divisions. 

Anyone interested in being on a phone list for this league? That way trade offers can be delivered through text message? If you want to be on the list, shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll put together a list. 

We may also consider moving to Fantrax for this league, they have a much better chat feature, tons more minor leaguers in their database that we could potentially transition to having our minor leaguers on our minor league team in the league instead of having to put them on waivers and the such. 

Another trade to announce:

RC sends Renato Nunez (bal) & his 2nd Round Minor Pick to JT

JT sends Dylan Cease (chw) & his last Minor Pick depending on how many I keep. 

Hoping the same thing happens to Cease like Giolito… the year after trading Giolito he became an ACE... if Cease becomes an ACE this year, I PROMISE I'll trade Kopech next off season!!!! :)

Edited by TheCommish

• 4 weeks later...

As we transition to Fantrax a couple of things that I see as being potential stumbling blocks with how we ran the league because of using Yahoo, plus there are a quite a few options that are available to the league that make it much more flexible. The waivers, big deal for Racehorse, 102605, and myself to not have to maintain 200 guys on waivers weekly. Pretty much the entire minor leagues were in the database and we can control our own roster.

With that being said, there are settings in Fantrax that would allow for their site to monitor our minor league rosters. It would keep anyone from "demoting" a major league player to their minor roster because it would only allow a player to be on your minor roster under 2 circumstances. If they are currently in the Minors (doesn't matter how many major league games they've played, if they are in the minors, they can be on your roster) or they are in the majors but have not reached 130 ab or 50 ip. By letting Fantrax monitor that, none of us have to do weekly audits on rosters to make sure everyone is following the rules.

The second concern is the draft. We always said anyone available in Yahoo is eligible to be drafted. Well, the Fantrax database has the next years draft players in the pool, which I think would go against what we want for the 3 round major league expansion draft. But, I also don't want all minor leaguers excluded from this draft because it gives that last place team a chance to grab the best minor leaguer in the database, and then in the minor draft grab the best player that hasn't been drafted.

The solution is that Fantrax has a setting that I can set the player pool to only show players that have an MLB affiliation. That would mean any player that has signed with an MLB team, no matter the level would be available in the the draft for us. Then, once the major league draft is over, I can turn that setting off, so that we can draft any player in the database, or frankly still draft whoever you want even if they aren't in the database. We would just put a player on your roster or request fantrax add that player to our database. 

If you see any other concern or problem that you foresee with the switch to Fantrax, let me know.

The awesome thing is Fantrax treats players like Ohtani as 1 player. You can move them from Util to SP without having to add or drop a player. This is a HUGE deal! 

• 3 weeks later...

Trade Block

1(2)and 2(18) Round Minors Picks

Prospects:
Wander Franco SS,INF - TB, Adley Rutschman C - BAL , Nate Pearson SP - TOR,  Austin Martin 3B,INF - TOR, Tarik Skubal SP - DET, Nolan Jones 3B,INF - CLE, Hunter Bishop CF,OF - SF,  Kody Hoese 3B,INF - LAD, Casey Martin 3B,SS,INF - PHI, Alek Manoah SP - TOR, Josh Lowe CF - TB,  Greg Jones SS - TB, Joe Ryan SPTB, Daulton Jefferies SP - OAK, Albert Abreu SP,RP - NYY, Lewin Diaz 1B,INF - MIA

Majors:
Dustin May, Tony Gonsolin,  Jesus Aguilar 1B,INF - MIA, Tommy Edman 2B,3B,SS,INF,LF,RF,OF - STL, Adrian Morejon SP,RP - SD, Justus Sheffield SP,RP - SEATyler O'Neill LF,RF,OF - STL,Amir Garrett RP - CIN, John Means

Wanted:

SS, 3B, 1B, SP, CL, 1st Round MLB picks

Edited by Vulture