White Sox playoff roster

southsider2k5

RHP (8): Dylan Cease, Alex Colomé, Jimmy Cordero, Dane Dunning, Matt Foster, Lucas Giolito, Codi Heuer, Evan Marshall

LHP (5): Aaron Bummer, Garrett Crochet, Jace Fry, Dallas Keuchel, Carlos Rodón

C (3): Zack Collins, Yasmani Grandal, James McCann

INF (6): José Abreu, Tim Anderson, Leury García, Nick Madrigal, Yoán Moncada, Yolmer Sánchez

OF (5): Jarrod Dyson, Adam Engel, Eloy Jiménez, Nomar Mazara, Luis Robert

DH (1): Edwin Encarnación

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

The entire White Sox 28 man playoff roster has a total of 134 games of playoff experience between 5 players.

If Encarnacion and Mazara both sit, the Sox starting line up with have 33 games of experience, all belonging to Grandal.

Total playoff games played:

DK 46

EE 34

Grandal 33

Dyson 19 (for 23 total ABs)

Mazara 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, knightni said:

RHP (8): Dylan Cease, Alex Colomé, Jimmy Cordero, Dane Dunning, Matt Foster, Lucas Giolito, Codi Heuer, Evan Marshall

LHP (5): Aaron Bummer, Garrett Crochet, Jace Fry, Dallas Keuchel, Carlos Rodón

C (3): Zack Collins, Yasmani Grandal, James McCann

INF (6): José Abreu, Tim Anderson, Leury García, Nick Madrigal, Yoán Moncada, Yolmer Sánchez

OF (5): Jarrod Dyson, Adam Engel, Eloy Jiménez, Nomar Mazara, Luis Robert

DH (1): Edwin Encarnación

God I love seeing Bummer, Crochet, Fry, and even Rodón in the BP from the left side.

Death by sliders.

18 minutes ago, knightni said:

Lineup I'd like to see today.

(It won't happen)

Anderson - SS

Madrigal - 2B

McCann - C

Abreu - 1B

Jimenez - DH

Moncada - 3B

Robert - CF

Garcia - LF

Engel - RF

Everyone but for Eloy.

Frankly, it's comical to me that if Eloy is ready that Grandal can't catch Giolito and Eloy DH. At this point they aren't going to fuck with it, but that personal catcher BS hurts them today.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Everyone but for Eloy.

Frankly, it's comical to me that if Eloy is ready that Grandal can't catch Giolito and Eloy DH. At this point they aren't going to fuck with it, but that personal catcher BS hurts them today.

So you're saying they are choosing McCann over Eloy? Because it sure seems like you are.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I read that Eloy wasn't ready to D today.

He isn't ready at all. No way they don't play him at DH and sit Grandal if it came down to those two. Of course as you said,it sucks that James has to catch Gio. I wouldn’t risk a change today though, because we don't need Gio to be mentally fragile today. 

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He isn't ready at all. No way they don't play him at DH and sit Grandal if it came down to those two. Of course as you said,it sucks that James has to catch Gio. I wouldn’t risk a change today though, because we don't need Gio to be mentally fragile today. 

I wouldn't change it either, for the record. Giolito is comfortable and that's more important than any 3 AB's. McCann also isn't a slouch vs lefties.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run