AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX PLAYOFF WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Sox have won more playoff games in the last 1 hour than the Twins have in their last 140,000 hours.

This is my favorite streak in sports. A Twins fan laughed in my face when they swept us in late 2008. I’ve gotten over a lot of things in my life, but I remember that. Fuck that guy. I hope this thing lasts another fifty years.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Just please God wrap this thing tomorrow.

Yeah, Gio taking a perfecto into the 7th was tense AF in a fun way.

Playing an elimination game with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as our starting pitcher would be tense AF in a less fun way.

That said, I think DK gives us 5.1 IP of one run ball and our bullpen slightly outperforms theirs to avoid game 3. LFG WHITE SOX.

10 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I think I ran into the same guy.

I bumped into him on campus (at a school neither in MN or IL) the day after the sweep. He was wearing a Twins hat, and I said, “Oh I’m a White Sox fan. Uh...congrats, I guess.” He goes, “HAHA SUCK IT BUDDY!” and walks off. Never saw him again.

Who’s sucking it now, buddy?

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

Justin Bieber is getting smacked around by the Yankees. That's why I wanted no part of them until we had some playoff games under our belt. 

They're just hitting all his fastballs and laying off the off-speed. I feel like whenever we face Bieber, we look off-speed.

Just now, chw42 said:

They're just hitting all his fastballs and laying off the off-speed. I feel like whenever we face Bieber, we look off-speed.

True. But that Yankees offense is rolling. I didn't want Gio having his first start against them. They are professional hitters over there. Thankfully, they usually flame out in the ALDS or ALCS, so IF we were to meet them we may win it. 

Hey, all. Very longtime fan and lurker. Admittedly been in the "Fire Renteria" crowd and still am and actually felt like I would prefer the Sox lose if it meant he gets axed, thinking long term. But logic be damned, after getting a taste of a postseason win again at long last, my fan instincts have taken over and I want to do the unthinkable after that abysmal end to the season. Even with Hahn's misfires and misses I know we have the talent. Let's get 'em!

:gosox1:

P.S. - Where's NUKECLEVELAND these days? (I remember!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dallas Kong said:

This is my favorite streak in sports. A Twins fan laughed in my face when they swept us in late 2008. I’ve gotten over a lot of things in my life, but I remember that. Fuck that guy. I hope this thing lasts another fifty years.

This reminds me of meeting a Boston fan in the winter after we won in 2005.  I mentioned that we had a good chance to repeat and he shook his head as if to say no way.  My disdain for the Red Sox intensified that day, even though I have family and friends that I like that are Red Sox fans.  Something about the way he shook his head never sat well with me.  I take some satisfaction that we won 90 games in 2006 while they won only 86.

Edited by asindc

3 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

TA and Athletics Nation are fucking amazing and deserve each other's excellence:  https://www.athleticsnation.com/2020/9/29/21494677/a-prescient-tim-anderson-they-didnt-do-their-homework-jesus-luzardo-tim-anderson-jose-abreu

This writing is so good:

But once the count gets to 2-0, you have to put Abreu on. Or if you don’t, you certainly don’t throw him a fastball — not if you’ve done your homework. And if you do, for some reason, choose to pitch to him and throw a fastball, it had better not be anywhere in the hitting zone, let alone right out over the plate.

The end result? It only took 2.5 innings for everything Tim Anderson said — so insultingly that you wanted to throw it back in his face — to come absolutely true, In how they set Luzardo up to make the start, and then trying to beat the White Sox with 95+ MPH fastballs from the left side, even in situations where literally anything else (including an IBB) made infinitely more sense.

Now, none of this matters so much when your team gets “3 hits, 1 run, 9 Ks, and no one is particularly surprised,” but still...Anderson had no business saying what he did — and he had even less business being absolutely, unequivocally right.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TA and Athletics Nation are fucking amazing and deserve each other's excellence:  https://www.athleticsnation.com/2020/9/29/21494677/a-prescient-tim-anderson-they-didnt-do-their-homework-jesus-luzardo-tim-anderson-jose-abreu

This writing is so good:

But once the count gets to 2-0, you have to put Abreu on. Or if you don’t, you certainly don’t throw him a fastball — not if you’ve done your homework. And if you do, for some reason, choose to pitch to him and throw a fastball, it had better not be anywhere in the hitting zone, let alone right out over the plate.

The end result? It only took 2.5 innings for everything Tim Anderson said — so insultingly that you wanted to throw it back in his face — to come absolutely true, In how they set Luzardo up to make the start, and then trying to beat the White Sox with 95+ MPH fastballs from the left side, even in situations where literally anything else (including an IBB) made infinitely more sense.

Now, none of this matters so much when your team gets “3 hits, 1 run, 9 Ks, and no one is particularly surprised,” but still...Anderson had no business saying what he did — and he had even less business being absolutely, unequivocally right.

After what we as fans have had to deal with this season, I am totally fine with taking some runs off of the mistakes of other managers.

• Love 1