Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

7 minutes ago, Pal said:

If Eloy can't go again, stick with what worked today.

People will kill me for this, but I would roll the dice with Mazara instead of Leury. Mazara despite his god awful season has shown some signs of breaking out lately and he is decent enough in the outfield, despite some posters making him out to be worse than Eloy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

People will kill me for this, but I would roll the dice with Mazara instead of Leury. Mazara despite his god awful season has shown some signs of breaking out lately and he is decent enough in the outfield, despite some posters making him out to be worse than Eloy.

Agreed. Id also sub mcann for eloy as dh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

God no. Garcia's defense and speed is a good thing. Mazara can pinch hit in case of an emergency. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

L F G!

What lineup changes do you guys wanna see against RHP Bassitt? 

If Eloy can't go, McCann DH, Leury stays in LF.  The OF defense today was outstanding and I don't mess with that.  Maybe DH Mazara to get another Lefty bat, maybe. 

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Garcia isn't really a better defender and he's not that much better of a base runner. Mazara should play vs the righty I think, but I can see either point. 

Nomar has surprisingly been pretty good on defense this year. UZR and DRS both like him, but the sample size is inconclusive. He's mostly passed the eye test. It's actually the only part of his game that's been a positive this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Sox offense is still a concern so lefties are needed. Deal with it. 

31 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep I’m ok with Mazara in RF

Disagree 100 %. And this is coming from Mazara's numero uno supporter in the off season.

He's been Cordell, Delmonico, Tilson bad.

He had a long chance to get it together. A few measley singles at the end doesn't change my mind. Engel earned what he's getting now and proved it in the 1st game. Check his stats against rigjties too. They are good.

Oh and yes I'll take Leury again too. He was taking some good hacks. I'll  also take his speed into the gap and coming in on balls over Mazara.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I also would go with Mazara over Leury if Eloy is unavailable.  SSS, but he had a 97 wRC+ in his last nine games and nothing was overly flukely.

Start Leury and Engel again, don't overthink it.  Keep the elite defense out there.  This A's team doesn't have a lot of offense some more range in the outfield against Dallas won't hurt with all that room out there. Even if he gives up some shots with nobody on they can run them down.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1