Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

The pathway to the ALCS is there. Win one more game here against the A’s and hope that the Astros win one more as well. Need to wrap it up tomorrow and not rely on an uncertain game 3 starter.

I really like our chances against Houston in a 5 game set.

Don’t like our chances at all in the championship series against the Yankees or Rays.

I hope Eloy can DH tomorrow. I'd also stick with Engel and Garcia in the corners. I don't trust Mazara enough to be productive against the AL September pitcher of the month. Bassitt has been dirty this past month let alone the year. I feel like this will be a much harder game to win than I think any of us realize.

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Yep I’m ok with Mazara in RF

Normally I would rather give preference to OF defense in Oakland, but with Keuchel on the mound this should work. You can always sub him out late, and while he is not a GG, his defense is adequate.

Hope Eloy returns as DH only, at least through this series.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

The ESPN broadcast was absolutely horrible.  They don't talk about the game, they just tell pointless stories about the players that go on 5x too long... I wish you had options for different broadcasters or turning off the broadcast, kind of like you can with video games lolll..  Jessica Medoza needs to gooooooo LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On A’s message boards, their big argument before yesterday was that all the lefties we have faced weren’t very good. They ignored our abuse of some solid LHP relievers, as well as the fact that Jon Lester had a solid season if you leave out his 15 ER allowed in 7.1 IP against us. Also, I suppose that now means Jesus Luzardo isn’t very good.

Anyways, since this is how those guys like to approach it, I suppose someone should point out that Chris Bassitt didn’t pitch against a team with a winning record this year.

If Shane Bieber can get wrecked, so can this shit-talking scrub. Let’s. Fucking. Go.

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also would go with Mazara over Leury if Eloy is unavailable.  SSS, but he had a 97 wRC+ in his last nine games and nothing was overly flukely.

Mazara is just slapping hits to a vacated left side of the infield. I guess in some scenario you still can see him hitting a bomb moreso than the just coming off a long injury , 0-4 w/ 2 2Ks Leury. I can understand that and I'll still take Garcia's speed in the OF and on the bases and more power shown this year than the Big Chill ( Nomars nickname in TX.)

You never know how that extra 1/2 step is going to benefit you somewhere. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I hope Eloy can DH tomorrow. I'd also stick with Engel and Garcia in the corners. I don't trust Mazara enough to be productive against the AL September pitcher of the month. Bassitt has been dirty this past month let alone the year. I feel like this will be a much harder game to win than I think any of us realize.

This will be a tough game even with DK on the mound. The Sox will need to scratch out a few runs and play good defense. They are not going out slug the A's today. Hopefully they can win a 3-2 type of game and move on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The ESPN broadcast was absolutely horrible.  They don't talk about the game, they just tell pointless stories about the players that go on 5x too long... I wish you had options for different broadcasters or turning off the broadcast, kind of like you can with video games lolll..  Jessica Medoza needs to gooooooo LOL

I couldn’t comment during the game yesterday, but I didn’t understand all the ranting about the announcers. To be fair, I usually tune out all commentators, but I appreciated Jessica talking about Giolito’s mechanical adjustments. The home run calls were a bit boring, but at least I didn’t have to put up with Jason’s Cheeseball Comedy Tour.

Oh, but in-game interviews are awful and should be made extinct.

2 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Yeah those in-game interviews were a schmozzle, and I thought the pair of announcers were pretty boring.

However, I thought they knew the White Sox pretty well. Knew the basic storyline on most of the players.

Not terrible.

I liked before the game one of them talked about the great year Moncada was having... Do they know anything?  It was sad. lol

• bmags pinned this topic