Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Why didnt we sign Marcel Ozuna again?  

The fact we didn't go after him or Castellanos still just blows my mind. Big time "What could have been," IMO. I know there's gonna be a few guys available but the biggest names to be had were available this past offseason and as much as we added we missed out big time on considerably more that we could have had. And with the way the FA class is looking in the near future we can't afford too many more flubs from the front office. 

Frankly I think ending up with someone like Pederson wouldn't be bad but would be basically just settling.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

1 minute ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

The fact we didn't go after him or Castellanos still just blows my mind. Big time "What could have been," IMO. I know there gonna be a few guys a available but the biggest names to be had were available this past offseasons and as much as we added we missed out big time on considerably more than we could have had. And with the way the FA class is looking in the near future we can't afford too many more flubs from the front office. 

With Eloy in LF, Castellanos is RF would have been a disaster for a young pitching staff.  The team defense we played this year was a HUGE boost to our pitchers.  I think we were in the top three in runs saved this year last I knew.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

With Eloy in LF, Castellanos is RF would have been a disaster for a young pitching staff.  The team defense we played this year was a HUGE boost to our pitchers.  I think we were in the top three in runs saved this year last I knew.

But we have no real way of knowing that. And we ended up going with Mazara so I feel it's a moot point. 

If if that's really the process for not going after him I think Ozuna was a pretty easy choice.

2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

But we have no real way of knowing that. And we ended up going with Mazara so I feel it's a moot point. 

If if that's really the process for not going after him I think Ozuna was a pretty easy choice.

We have no way of knowing if Castellanos is a bad fielder?  Yes we do.  We have his history.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I love Moncada and he made some huge defensive plays yesterday but he looks fucking awful at the plate.  

He got a bit unlucky with batted balls yesterday. He's going to strike out. He has to get aggressive on balls in the middle of the plate again. 

Edited by Jack Parkman