Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

Just now, fathom said:

I never got the people saying he has 10-15 HR power. If he hits 5 it will be a big output IMO.  

I really don't care about the power but he can't be below average at 2B and one of the worst runners in MLB.  Like he's def down to -5 RAA on the bases now in like 1/3 of a full season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You don't magically get better at awareness and athleticism at the big league level.  He has a lot of work to do.

He made a bad play on defense in a big game as a rookie. Wont be the first or last person to do that.

As for the baserunning, I have to imagine getting thrown out in earlier games this season got to him and so he was being cautious not to make another mistake.

Its a young team, there are going to be good days and bad days. 

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Madrigal is getting shit on but Keuchal was terrible and the offense hasn't done anything this game against a pitcher they should be killing.  Edwin cannot go fast enough.   If they had a third starter I would be ok with this but in the end it looks like the front office punted on this season.  

I can understand not overpaying for a quality #3 or even a good RF, but we couldn’t find a bat only guy to replace Edwin as our DH?  Like how much would that have cost?

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

Madrigal is getting shit on but Keuchal was terrible and the offense hasn't done anything this game against a pitcher they should be killing.  Edwin cannot go fast enough.   If they had a third starter I would be ok with this but in the end it looks like the front office punted on this season.  

Now it's trouble. Down by a full five runs. Not giving up yet but if Sox lose I'd start Dunning for 4 to 5 innings then go to Cease, then the pen in Game Three.

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Just a fantastic inning by the offense

this game is over dude.  going into the 5th, even if we get something going they have the bullpen to put the game away

Keuchel pissed away our only real chance to take the series