Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Dallas Kong said:

Also, I LOVED the Madrigal pick, but that was based on his contact tool plus his D plus his speed plus his baseball IQ. Looks like only one of those really applies. Give him more time, but if he’s a one tool player, the long term solution at 2B lies elsewhere.

And Keuchel has been our best pitcher this year. Sucks that he didn’t have it today, but this is still a great signing that will pan out in the long run and in the playoffs for years to come. Stupid to say otherwise.

I think/hope those things about Madrigal will fall into place in a normal offseason and spring training.  

4 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I'd let Keuchel go 6 and have Cordero throw the 7th and the 8th so you can just bullpen game it tomorrow.

Guess Cease could just finish this game now. I don't want to see Marshall, Bummer, Heuer, Colome, or Crochet in this game.

This is where I’m at. Line up your top arms for tomorrow and let the A’s do their typical playoff choke job (like the Twins just did).

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Silver lining is it can't be Lopez tomorrow.

Why not bring in Rodon? 

David Ross may have wasted Jeffress for tomorrow.  Isn't he their closer? 

No, we need to save Rodon for a potential high-leverage situation tomorrow.

The White Sox only have ONE starting pitcher remotely close to money.

How on earth did they think they could go far in the 2020 playoffs?

Or maybe they did know and just didn"t give a damn.

Relying on bludgeoning teams into submission every game is not a winnable formula to insure an extended stay in the post-season.

And please, no more comparisons to 2005.

Although that team was a one-hit wonder (because the owner either couldn't or wouldn't take the organization to a sustainable level of excellence), it nevertheless placed itself as one of the best postseason teams in MLB history.

Edited by GradMc

55 minutes ago, Tony said:

So you're backing up your claim you were totally against signing Keuchle because you saw 3.2 IP from him in 2019. 

The dude put up a 1.99 ERA for the Sox this season. Without question one of the better signings of the offseason from any team, let alone the White Sox. 

I mean, this is just an embarrassing position you've taken. 

Wonder if he liked the Eaton trade?