Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I know Kuechel had a bad day but it is irrelevant.  The hitting is pathetic or I guess I should say lack of hitting. 

when the starter gets lit the fuck up like a Christmas tree, it certainly has an effect on the offense.  that game vs the cubs is the exception not the rule.

5 minutes ago, GradMc said:

The White Sox only have ONE starter remotely close to money.

How on earth did they think they could go far in the 2020 playoffs?

Or maybe they did know and just didn"t give a damn.

Relying on bludgeoning teams into submission every game is not a winnable formula to insure an extended stay in the post-season.

And please, no more comparisons to 2005.

Although that team was a one-hit wonder (because the owner either couldn't or wouldn't take the organization to a sustainable level of excellence), it nevertheless placed itself as one of the best postseason teams in MLB history.

Jon Garland finished with more career wins then the current playoff starters combined. It will take time and development, and another veteran starter or two.

Wish they would replace Cooper with the SF Assistant who coached Lucas, especially if they lose McCann.  

Edited by South Side Hit Men

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I know your point. It is easier to claw back in a game against scrubs. That comeback was nice, but isn't a big deal because of the competition. 

Nothing is easy in baseball.

Also, the Cubs were first in a division with four playoff teams. The A’s were first in a division where they were the only team over .500 so yeah, competition. 

Let’s all be positive, we have a sick offense that can put runs on the board. 

2 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Blaming our best pitcher for the predicament we are currently in is ridiculous.

Guess I am not following what you are saying?  We can hit left handed pitching and like he said when the opponent throws a RHP something happens to our hitters and it's not good.

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Twins now 0-18 in the postseason. 😂😂😂

Since 2004, we are 13 games better than the Twins in postseason play. I really want to advance, but the Twins losing combined with knowing this division is pretty much ours from here forward, makes me OK with whatever happens.

Although I’m getting to a point where I want Little Dick Nick to go away.