Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

Just now, chw42 said:

Keuchel still gave up a lot of hard contact. He just wasn't good today. 

BTW, Abreu's ground out left the bat at 97 MPH. It had an xBA of .460. Give the A's credit for good positioning. Between that and Moncada getting robbed at the wall, we just didn't have a lot of luck today.

Their defense was pretty outstanding today.  Game is very different if Yoan’s fly ball isn’t caught.  Or Abreu’s liner at the end is a foot or two in either direction.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Their defense was pretty outstanding today.  Game is very different if Yoan’s fly ball isn’t caught.  Or Abreu’s liner at the end is a foot or two in either direction.  

With one notable exception, yeah

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Start Dunning tomorrow on a really tight leash. No more than 3 innings and you have everyone but Cordero available to pitch tomorrow

I agree. Empty out your bullpen and see what happens. Despite everything, I think tomorrow's game is winnable.

10 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

No issues with that swing at the end. That’s a hit 7 times out of 10. He had a lot of success going the other way on pitches low and outside this year.

I agree. I thought it was a hit off the bat. Not really much to blame in this game, other than Madrigal’s inexperience. Terrified of Dunning going tomorrow, but I thought Keuchel was going to dominate today, so what do I know. Baseball is weird.

1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

I agree. Empty out your bullpen and see what happens. Despite everything, I think tomorrow's game is winnable.

I'd half consider getting two guys ready and seeing how the top of the first goes. I do not trust Dunning at all in a 0-0 game

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Im oddly at peace after these first two games. Unless Game 3 is a continuation of the terrible games from the last two weeks, a “good loss” like today wouldn’t be shameful. I expected a sweep coming into Oakland. 

Loved their focus the last two innings. No one else I would rather have had up there than Abreu.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's Madrigal, Keuchel pitched well enough. Between Madrigal's two run error and baserunning miscue, Sox are up 4-3 with Colome pitching the ninth.

Do people really think this is the way the world works? It would have been a completely different game without those Madrigal plays, it could have turned out better for the Sox or even worse.

• Like 1