Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Hey man, we got two good playoff games. One where they won, the other where they fought back and we thought they could do it. 

Better than listlessly getting swept.

Yeah, we’ve experienced worst playoff series than this as Sox fans no matter what happens tomorrow.  And we could be Twins or Blue Jays fans right now.  That being said, let’s win tomorrow and give ourselves another series!

16 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Im oddly at peace after these first two games. Unless Game 3 is a continuation of the terrible games from the last two weeks, a “good loss” like today wouldn’t be shameful. I expected a sweep coming into Oakland. 

Same. I'd love for us to advance just to see what happens, but I think we've played admirably so far despite the terrible defense today. It's good experience going forward for a very young team. 

1 minute ago, TomPickle said:

DH him

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if Fiers starts tomorrow, we might want to think about DHing or starting Nomar in the OF. Leury's been trash at the plate so far and he's clearly rusty. Nomar actually looked really good today against two very good pitchers. 

• Like 1

Just now, poppysox said:

Win or lose tomorrow...I hope we are done with the Edwin Encarnacion era.  I don't care how many lifetime homers he has hit...a .157 batting average doesn't play for me.

There's not a world in which it's not over even if it were going well. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Same. I'd love for us to advance just to see what happens, but I think we've played admirably so far despite the terrible defense today. It's good experience going forward for a very young team. 

Losing Eloy is a massive loss.  There’s no power outside the first five right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Tony said:

So I know what happened today against Dallas...but does it make sense to not officially announce a starter for tomorrow, have Crochet start, go 30-40 pitches, then bring in Dunning? 

Not sure the rules, but there is really no reason to tell the other team until the last possible moment who the starter is. 

Just now, Tony said:

So I know what happened today against Dallas...but does it make sense to not officially announce a starter for tomorrow, have Crochet start, go 30-40 pitches, then bring in Dunning? 

That’s what a team like Tampa would do.  I hate the idea of just letting Dunning start and having a quick leash.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I would wager a guess the Sox already know their plan, make them waste time planning for contigencies. 

Just now, fathom said:

Losing Eloy is a massive loss.  There’s no power outside the first five right now.

Yup. I'm still pissed we couldn't keep him healthy when we had a playoff spot wrapped up. He hurt his foot in the 2nd game in Cleveland running to first and never came out of the game. I'm sure that led to the more serious foot sprain he has now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Sort of what I'm thinking too. But as fathom mentioned, that feels a little too out of the box for the Sox quite frankly. 

Little did we know that this whole time Ricky has been purposefully mismanaging games to put the White Sox in this very position where he can finally unveil his tactical genius. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Sort of what I'm thinking too. But as fathom mentioned, that feels a little too out of the box for the Sox quite frankly. 

That goal is to do it so you get the platoon advantage later in the game. I don’t trust Ricky and Coop to plan that out.