Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

this game is over dude.  going into the 5th, even if we get something going they have the bullpen to put the game away

Keuchel pissed away our only real chance to take the series

As much as I totally understand the frustration, we can't be that mad at Dallas. He's been our best pitcher this year. If we actually had a solid back-end of the rotation we wouldn't need to talk like this. Dallas is one of the few people on this team that should not be criticized.

Also, it's only two out of three so anything can happen. We could say that that's stupid but the Sox (and Ricky) earned that burden. Less about Dallas pissing away anything and more about Ricky and the team in general pissing away stuff, like the damm division.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Even someone like LaStella would have been a godsend

LaStella would have been fantastic, but he didn’t come cheap exactly and he’s probably more than what we needed.  We just needed bat only who could have been a better than league average hitter.  Honestly, I’m confident that both Collins (against RHP) & Mercedes would have fit the billing we enough lead time.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

LaStella would have been fantastic, but he didn’t come cheap exactly and he’s probably more than what we needed.  We just needed bat only who could have been a better than league average hitter.  Honestly, I’m confident that both Collins (against RHP) & Mercedes would have fit the billing we enough lead time.

Agreed, give me Collins over EE right now 

• Like 1

Just now, TomPickle said:

I'd let Keuchel go 6 and have Cordero throw the 7th and the 8th so you can just bullpen game it tomorrow.

Guess Cease could just finish this game now. I don't want to see Marshall, Bummer, Heuer, Colome, or Crochet in this game.

Yeah definitely save the good relievers for tomorow and hit the left handed starter 

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

So much for Dallas’s playoff experience 

It’s one game, 2 runs are Tiny Tim’s, should be a 3-1 game. He needs to go a few more, Sox need to prove they can hit RHP. Afraid Tim motivated Bassitt here.

Hoping Melvin goes with Manaea tomorrow, otherwise it could be difficult. Would be ready with primary relievers tomorrow to go 6-8 IP (Heuer, Crochet, Bummer, Marshall, Foster and Colome).