Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah I know but I agree with giving Mazara one game. If he sucks park him on the bench for the remainder of the playoffs. 

It may suck for him, but that is what his playing time has earned him.  This the playoffs, not little league.  He has been complete dead weight with the bat and doesn't deserve to be on the field.

Just now, turnin' two said:

It may suck for him, but that is what his playing time has earned him.  This the playoffs, not little league.  He has been complete dead weight with the bat and doesn't deserve to be on the field.

I don't disagree, but Garcia is really cold vs MLB pitching. It's no guarantee that he's any better. The only guarantee is that he's not Mazara. 

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Are you kidding?  Garcia was hurt for most of the season obviously, but he played well while he was in.  He had a .758 OPS.  Almost 200 points higher than Mazara.  

No, Garcia didn't look much better yesterday. He went 0-4 which is exactly what Mazara would have done. Whatever Garcia did before his injury is ancient history. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

No, Garcia didn't look much better yesterday. He went 0-4 which is exactly what Mazara would have done. Whatever Garcia did before his injury is ancient history. 

Oh well if that's all ancient history maybe Mazara should just hit 3rd?  I don't understand why a 1 game sample size is enough to bench Garcia but 50 games still gives you any hope on Mazara.  And if they each go 0fer, well, Garcia gives you more range in the OF.  So even in their offense is a push, the advantage is to Leury. 

1 minute ago, turnin' two said:

Oh well if that's all ancient history maybe Mazara should just hit 3rd?  I don't understand why a 1 game sample size is enough to bench Garcia but 50 games still gives you any hope on Mazara.  And if they each go 0fer, well, Garcia gives you more range in the OF.  So even in their offense is a push, the advantage is to Leury. 

My point is that they're both shitty options. 

Garcia was healthy for what, a week and a half? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I have a feeling this is going to be a 2-1, 1-0 type game. Two great bullpens, and I think Bassitt gives us trouble. But I think Keuchel will do same to As. 1 more win, get us to an ALDS, that would be amazing.

I wouldn't want to "settle" for anything this season, but getting to the ALDS would be a great accomplishment in the first year of being competitive with essentially two starting pitchers.  A win today is huge.

20 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Hawk is on Twitter.......how did I never come across this? 

What is the premise of this that Jason wanted to do last game? 

Jason wanted to go on twitch or some livestream and do some analysis. He expected Stone to say no and he did. Anyways hes doing 8 hours of statcast broadcast for ESPN today covering all the games, redzone-like. So there's that.

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah I know but I agree with giving Mazara one game. If he sucks park him on the bench for the remainder of the playoffs. 

It's tough to do that in a 3 game series. Mazara was given 60 games to prove himself and all he has proven is that he can play if there is an emergency.