Jump to content
southsider2k5

Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

Recommended Posts

Just now, chw42 said:

Keuchel still gave up a lot of hard contact. He just wasn't good today. 

 

BTW, Abreu's ground out left the bat at 97 MPH. It had an xBA of .460. Give the A's credit for good positioning. Between that and Moncada getting robbed at the wall, we just didn't have a lot of luck today.

Their defense was pretty outstanding today.  Game is very different if Yoan’s fly ball isn’t caught.  Or Abreu’s liner at the end is a foot or two in either direction.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bmags said:

No guarantees he gets a better pitch than that, not like he swung at a ball. He hit it hard, all you can ask for. Abreu ain't up there to walk.

Hunt fastballs early and often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Their defense was pretty outstanding today.  Game is very different if Yoan’s fly ball isn’t caught.  Or Abreu’s liner at the end is a foot or two in either direction.  

With one notable exception, yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Start Dunning tomorrow on a really tight leash. No more than 3 innings and you have everyone but Cordero available to pitch tomorrow

I agree. Empty out your bullpen and see what happens. Despite everything, I think tomorrow's game is winnable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

No issues with that swing at the end. That’s a hit 7 times out of 10. He had a lot of success going the other way on pitches low and outside this year.

Not disagreeing that he shouldn't have swung - but the ball was inside corner. Not low and outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

No issues with that swing at the end. That’s a hit 7 times out of 10. He had a lot of success going the other way on pitches low and outside this year.

I agree. I thought it was a hit off the bat. Not really much to blame in this game, other than Madrigal’s inexperience. Terrified of Dunning going tomorrow, but I thought Keuchel was going to dominate today, so what do I know. Baseball is weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NWINFan said:

I agree. Empty out your bullpen and see what happens. Despite everything, I think tomorrow's game is winnable.

I'd half consider getting two guys ready and seeing how the top of the first goes. I do not trust Dunning at all in a 0-0 game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Whatever buddy, it was a joke. I’ll remember to just fuss about the umps with the same exact verbiage as everybody else in the future, though. Thanks!

👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tony said:

So....if the Sox (Madrigal) play a clean, heads up game...........they may just win this game outright. 

Sox play clean or Canha doesn’t make that catch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I'd half consider getting two guys ready and seeing how the top of the first goes. I do not trust Dunning at all in a 0-0 game

Which is a lot of words to say use the bullpen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

 

We hope to hell he is. Melvin would have been history if he had blown that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Dunning for 2 or 3, followed by Crochet for 2. Hopefully you have a lead and go from there.


I’d almost be tempted to reverse the order there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be proud of the guys for not rolling over and playing dead.  They made a real game of it.  I am very positive about our chances tomorrow.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, poppysox said:

We should be proud of the guys for not rolling over and playing dead.  They made a real game of it.  I am very positive about our chances tomorrow.

*ahem* Ricky's boys....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im oddly at peace after these first two games. Unless Game 3 is a continuation of the terrible games from the last two weeks, a “good loss” like today wouldn’t be shameful. I expected a sweep coming into Oakland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Im oddly at peace after these first two games. Unless Game 3 is a continuation of the terrible games from the last two weeks, a “good loss” like today wouldn’t be shameful. I expected a sweep coming into Oakland. 

Loved their focus the last two innings. No one else I would rather have had up there than Abreu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

 

It's Madrigal, Keuchel pitched well enough. Between Madrigal's two run error and baserunning miscue, Sox are up 4-3 with Colome pitching the ninth.

Do people really think this is the way the world works? It would have been a completely different game without those Madrigal plays, it could have turned out better for the Sox or even worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×