Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 2- First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

This As cast is really good. Benetti on now; Hawk later. Bennetti seemed like he wanted to do this and offered it to stone the final game of the year and got turned down live but I wish they did do it 

I tuned in for hawk, he is such an old man its hilarious. First he answers the phone call (that he was presumably expecting) with a gruff "Hello!?! Who is this??" Then he can't hear them because his TV is too loud, but he can't figure out how to turn it down, which finally leads him to his first anecdote - how "they" (his kids I am guessing) bought him some new fangled TV and he hates it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I am fine with Encarnacion over Mazara.. But why not McCann.. grr

Honestly it wouldn't have been a bad time to see what Collins could do.  It really pisses me off how they've used (not used) him the last 1.5 years.  Brining in that fat fuck whose name I already have forgotten and giving him all that time last year instead of Collins was so dumb.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

So a bad game (week) vs a bad season...

Before the final game of the season, McCann was in an 0-16 slump (not the end of the world) but that's what happens when he had to play everyday vs righties and lefties. I think I'd rather have McCann than EE too, but my beef is more with EE hitting 5th. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bmags said:

It’s amazing how bad this lineup is against RHP when Eloy is hurt.  I can’t believe we’re still rocking Edwin at DH.  Hahn should be completely embarrassed that we’re starting a 37 year old who put up a 71 wRC+ as our designated hitter.  Fuck, I’d rather give the start to Collins in all honesty as he’d at least add some balance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Before the final game of the season, McCann was in an 0-16 slump (not the end of the world) but that's what happens when he had to play everyday vs righties and lefties. I think I'd rather have McCann than EE too, but my beef is more with EE hitting 5th. 

Don't mind him being in against a soft tosser at all. 5th is rough though. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nope PH usually means 1 AB .DH means hitting possibly 4 times and running bases every time you get on base. See the differene for a guy who can't run well ?

PR him if he gets a hit. Regardless I think what SS2k5 is right, he’s not available to even PH and it’s a bluff on the Sox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yesterday333 said:

Wasn’t giving him the whole season to suck enough? He is what he is this year... which sucks 

Not that we should indulge him but he was not well I think. He may be a project for a non-contender.

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I hope you are right. Bassit will be tough on our guys, but good lineup construction should help. If Eloy is out, Grandal needs to bat behind Jose so that we don't get pitch around. Tim and Yoan are good enough for Jose to drive in. McCann nor Mazara are giving Jose much protection. 

Yeah I'm ok with McCann staying the in lineup but we need to protect Abreu better.

Edited by KonerkoFan1