Umpires embarassing themselves all year.

harkness99

Just now, MeanJoeCrede said:

Why not list umpire stats just like players?They have all the statcast data. No reason they couldn't create stats adjusting for game situations and so forth....

They just need to use the k zone, computers and get it over with.    Like the human eyes in the dugout can tell from far away most of the time that the pitches are being called wrongly.

• Like 1

Didn't watch the full game, homework with hi8is Jr.... 
Seemed like a very winnable game, aside from Madrigals error and some key LOB for us... should have won the game.

Can we really pin this on the umps? 

( Again, didn't see so someone fill me in )

But from what I watched, it seems like we've had 1 game of hope and 1 game of ugly. Tough to go into tomorrow with so much uncertainty in our rotation. 

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Seemed like a very winnable game, aside from Madrigals error and some key LOB for us... should have won the game.

But from what I watched, it seems like we've had 1 game of hope and 1 game of ugly. Tough to go into tomorrow with so much uncertainty in our rotation. 

Three terrible strike calls in three different ABs completely altered the ABs and or killed the rally.  Mazara getting called out on a pitch as bad as the Angel Hernandez call last weekend shut down an 8th inning rally. 

14 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Like Mendoza put it perfectly... "The hitter should get credit on 3-2 for not swing at a pitch like that, not punished - that's now how the game works."

She also said the HR was fair and luckily ump said foul

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

Three terrible strike calls in three different ABs completely altered the ABs and or killed the rally.  Mazara getting called out on a pitch as bad as the Angel Hernandez call last weekend shut down an 8th inning rally. 

So then in many ways it was a game we could have won... but bottom line is it was an ugly game for our Sox with too little too late shown. Get em tomorrow or go home.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

So then in many ways it was a game we could have won... but bottom line is it was an ugly game for our Sox with too little too late shown. Get em tomorrow or go home.

A couple of Sox errors, a couple of great defensive plays by the A’s, and a pretty terrible zone.  Still had a chance to win at the end.  Clean some things up and go get them tomorrow. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

@UmpScorecards is a good follow on the twitters. Curious to see what they say about today’s game. 

Here’s yesterday’s game, for example

so statistically.. hard to quanitify -but his calls cost the white sox 0.5 runs

oh that was yesterday...

Edited by harkness99

17 minutes ago, hi8is said:

No one here that I saw or myself said the reason we lost was the umpires.  He did ring Mazara up on a terrible terrible call in the 8th- would have been 2 on and 1 out - instead was 1 and 2 out.  So was very crucial miss.

Edited by harkness99

21 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Why not list umpire stats just like players?They have all the statcast data. No reason they couldn't create stats adjusting for game situations and so forth....

Internally I think they do. Its just not public. All of their calls are scrutinized by their superiors. Yes that would embarrass them and would love to see those stats! Would love for it to be public. 

Edited by smellysox

18 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

No one here that I saw or myself said the reason we lost was the umpires.  He did ring Mazara up on a terrible terrible call in the 8th- would have been 2 on and 1 out - instead was 1 and 2 out.  So was very crucial miss.

Ouch that’s rough.