Pitchers for game 3

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

I'll put it this way.. fans are fickle. Mazara has two good at bats and all of a sudden people are considering him for today. Rodon had one bad outing and he's garbage. 

It's all hands on deck toady ... I'm fine with whoever Ricky puts out there. These boys have got it done all year mostly - let's ride. 

On the flip side Fiers, Montas, Manaea, etc. don't scare me. Let's put up some runs early in Top 1 and then never stop chopping wood and move on. Lets go!

you go with who is hot at the plate, and Mazara looks 100% better than Leury

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

I'll put it this way.. fans are fickle. Mazara has two good at bats and all of a sudden people are considering him for today. Rodon had one bad outing and he's garbage. 

It's all hands on deck toady ... I'm fine with whoever Ricky puts out there. These boys have got it done all year mostly - let's ride. 

On the flip side Fiers, Montas, Manaea, etc. don't scare me. Let's put up some runs early in Top 1 and then never stop chopping wood and move on. Lets go!

Hmmm think you need to rethink this part because I don't think he has had an actual good outing in a few years 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You guys remember last week when Carlos Rodon was asked to do something he'd never done before in a big, important spot and it went poorly and everyone hated Ricky for it? That's why I don't think Crochet starting today is a good idea. Let Dunning start and Crochet relieve. I know it's the playoffs, but why start asking guys to do new things now?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Playing the Yankees is a dream scenario ! That means we win game 3 and beat Houston too. Then we're 1 step away from being in the World Series. I'll take that "nightmare scenario" every time.

In addition, I think Tampa will have something to say about who makes it to the ALCS from that side of the bracket.  Pretty big assumption to put the Yankees in the ALCS already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hmmm think you need to rethink this part because I don't think he has had an actual good outing in a few years 

His last outing he went 1.2 of scoreless and HITLESS innings against the cubs. The rodon hate is sad on this board. I have full faith in him. 

3 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

His last outing he went 1.2 of scoreless and HITLESS innings against the cubs. The rodon hate is sad on this board. I have full faith in him. 

Dude has been lit up like a Christmas tree and he throws one inning of scoreless ball against a cubs lineup without a lot of their starters and you have full faith in him.  Cool

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Dude has been lit up like a Christmas tree and he throws one inning of scoreless ball against a cubs lineup without a lot of their starters and you have full faith in him.  Cool

He faced Schwarber, Bryant, Baez, Caratini, Bote and Kipnis.... 20 pitches 14 strikes do I think he is the best option, no, but everyone here thinks he is Dylan Covey and that is not true.

48 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

He faced Schwarber, Bryant, Baez, Caratini, Bote and Kipnis.... 20 pitches 14 strikes do I think he is the best option, no, but everyone here thinks he is Dylan Covey and that is not true.

Best case scenario is you don't HAVE to use him but even if used at least his last outing was his best outing. That's the whole reason he took Detwilers place because they think FB/Slider could be effective as a reliever as long as he throws strikes.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Carlos Rodon is the Avi Garcia of the Sox. Rodon will have an All-Star year on some other team. Mark that down. 

The hatred on this board is just overblown. Ricky put him in a situation as a reliever for the first time in like 5 years, off a month of rust, bases loaded. What did you expect? Also people are going to shit on him for his outing when what? He dominated the first inning, then his shoulder injury flared up, got knocked around and went to the IL? 

Whatever I'm driving the bandwagon, y'all can jump on whenever you're done being fair weather fans. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Which do you think he is closer to right now, a good pitcher or Dylan Covey.

@BrianAnderson you can cry about bandwagon fans and hatred and bullshit like that but this has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan.  Even before his TJ surgery when he was healthy you had no idea if he was gonna have a good game or get lit up.  There are plenty of good options in this bullpen before his name should ever come up.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If your rationale is that one good outing defines him more than virtually all the rest in recent memory being bad, that's absurd.

Edited by KonerkoFan1

15 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Carlos Rodon is the Avi Garcia of the Sox. Rodon will have an All-Star year on some other team. Mark that down. 

The hatred on this board is just overblown. Ricky put him in a situation as a reliever for the first time in like 5 years, off a month of rust, bases loaded. What did you expect? Also people are going to shit on him for his outing when what? He dominated the first inning, then his shoulder injury flared up, got knocked around and went to the IL? 

Whatever I'm driving the bandwagon, y'all can jump on whenever you're done being fair weather fans. 

I don't think your comparing his to Avi is valid at all. Avi actually did have one good year, an all-star year. But I don't remember Rodon ever, and I mean ever being really good. I know the Sox and their publicity tells us how good he is or how good he was back when he was healthy. If I hear Jason B. tell us about his wipe-out slider, I think I'm going to throw something through my TV screen. The only thing that slider every wiped out was a Sox lead.

But I don't remember him ever really good. He was for a long time one of the less-bad options on a bad pitching staff. But even when he was good, he only slightly above average. Well, I don't know: his 1st year, 2015, he was 9 & 6 with a 3.75 ERA. But since then he's been bad. And that's when he was healthy. Now he's never healthy.

I was upset to see Avi go, but I am soooo ready to move beyond Rodon. 

14 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

If your rationale is that one good outing defines him more than virtually all the rest in recent memory being bad, that's absurd.

No the rationale is that Kyyle said he didnt have one good outing in the last 2 years. As much as that may have been hyberole,in fact, he did have one this year and it was his last outing. Are the Sox never supposed to use him ? Why did they replace Detwiler with Rodon then ?

1st it was he didn't have one good outing, not true. Then it was he faced a weak Cub lineup, also proven not to be true. Then Kyle finally switches to is he "closer to a good pitcher or Dylan Covey" after all the other things he said were proven false . It's one thing to use false arguments and be proven wrong twice if anyone actually takes the time to look it up, but he should at least admit that before finally using another tactic. Using false info or hyperole to make your point only enflames those who already are using passion more than logic towards Rodon.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
misspelled Kyyle.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Anytime I read the word absurd on SoxTalk, I read it in Hawk voice from his Wagner rant.

“That is totally absurd” (0:40 mark)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No the rationale is that Kyyle said he didnt have one good outing in the last 2 years. As much as that may have been hyberole,in fact, he did have one this year and it was his last outing. Are the Sox never supposed to use him ? Why did they replace Detwiler with Rodon then ?

1st it was he didn't have one good outing, not true. Then it was he faced a weak Cub lineup, also proven not to be true. Then Kyle finally switches to is he "closer to a good pitcher or Dylan Covey" after all the other things he said were proven false . It's one thing to use false arguments and be proven wrong twice if anyone actually takes the time to look it up, but he should at least admit that before finally using another tactic. Using false info or hyperole to make your point only enflames those who already are using passion more than logic towards Rodon.

All other things proven false?  Lmao.  Rodon has not been good for a long time.  You go ahead and bury your head in the sand and consider one inning outing a indicator of great success 👍 

i didnt bring up covey, the person I responded to brought him up. I think my question to that comparison was absolutely valid