Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Garbage. Absolute garbage. This better not be how this season ends.

If it does this better be the swan song for a whole lot of folks in this org.

But when your biggest problem is in the owner's suite, it's almost impossible to realize significant change.

How the hell do you into your first post-season in 12 friggin years with 2 starting pitchers ????

Edited by GradMc
  • Love 1

Just now, brijames1957 said:

The Sox will need at least 8 runs to win today.

JMO - this game will now come down to what Cease can give the White Sox. He's the only one who can hold this together and give enough to keep the back part of the pen available. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

At some point a pitcher is going to have to step up if we want this. 

In the meantime the offense needs to go to work.l,

Throwing hard is good when you get it over the plate. Otherwise not so much 

PEOPLE - THIS TEAM WASN'T EXPECTED TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR. The team did great and the future looks great. They may lose this round, and it'll suck. They will be even better next year. They may win still. The bullpen meltdown is just unfortunate.

Some of these takes in this thread would get a guy like me banned!

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

This game is far from over, but no idea who is pitching these last few innings.

It has to be Cease. Give him a long warmup and let Foster throw a little more if needed. He's the only guy who we've got who can give us 2+. 

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Anybody mad at Ricky is a human piece of shit

I am mad at Ricky, I was suspicious of pulling Dunning so quick but once he pulled Bummer I knew he had no idea what he was doing. Once Dunning is pulled you have to expect our best bullpen arms to go at minimum 2IP. A couple guys on should not result in Bummer getting pulled in the 3rd. We have the entire game ahead of us and a limited selection of good arms. He is managing the early innings like we are in the 7th. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

PEOPLE - THIS TEAM WASN'T EXPECTED TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR. The team did great and the future looks great. They may lose this round, and it'll suck. They will be even better next year. They may win still. The bullpen meltdown is just unfortunate.

Some of these takes in this thread would get a guy like me banned!

Well at least we pushed our young pitchers a lot and might be dealing with a catastrophic injury

Just now, Dallas Kong said:

I’m swearing it right now, I will not watch next year if Renteria is still managing.

Theo knew he was not the guy and moved on immediately. If Hahn, KW and especially Reinsdorf doesn't see it, then for the next 6+ years we'll always be the "good but not good enough" team.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Seems our pitchers are constantly behind the count so to intentionally load the bases is the thought process of an idiot.

That IBB was idiotic. Honestly, he should have been fired on the spot. It was Chad fucking Pinder! Skip him and load them for Canha, just to get rid of a fucking schmuck who shouldn’t have been pitching in the first place??

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I am mad at Ricky, I was suspicious of pulling Dunning so quick but once he pulled Bummer I knew he had no idea what he was doing. Once Dunning is pulled you have to expect our best bullpen arms to go at minimum 2IP. A couple guys on should not result in Bummer getting pulled in the 3rd. We have the entire game ahead of us and a limited selection of good arms. He is managing the early innings like we are in the 7th. 

Bummer was done.  He was missing by a lot.  Same with Heuer.

• Like 1