Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

You have to think both teams are going to be following a pretty similar strategy of a starter on a really short leash and then a bullpen game from there. Hendricks is "available" but probably just as a last resort after throwing so many pitches yesterday and Diekman has worked in both games so far, but he's probably still actually available. Honestly this game is probably just going to come down to whoever has someone come out of the bullpen and not have it and give up a run or two.

• Like 2

1 big inning could be all we need to win this one imho.  The Sox have done that plenty this short season.  So even if we fall behind early, I plan to keep my composure in the game thread.  Wish me luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I’d rather face Fiers than Montas, even though historically the Sox have been awful against Fiers.

Can someone post their splits against Fiers? I feel like most of the lineup has little to no experience facing him. Jose probably the most.

• Like 2

Oh man. I'm so nervous and so excited. If we had control I'm sure we'd choose to win every playoff game with 10 run first innings, but deep down, these elimination playoff games are what we live for. 

Any player on the Sox, from MVP candidates to backups and disappointments, could make themselves a Sox legend today with one swing of the bat or one flash of leather. The highs of these games are as high as they get and, while it won't feel like it at the time if we lose, the lows are truthfully not that bad. I'd rather be taking an L in our last playoff game than be taking 100 Ls in a season with no end in sight just dreaming of this moment.

But the moment is here now so LFG SOX, I'm not done with playoff baseball yet, go win and make sure you aren't either!!!

Edited by gusguyman
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Fiers shut out the Sox last year for about 14 innings per Merk

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Not if you go off of Fiers' last few starts vs the Sox

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

I think it's safe to say that the lineup the past few years is not really a reflection of this year's lineup.

• Like 5