Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

3 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

AE096FF7-8EAB-460A-81A5-3F61B75C3B7A.jpeg

some good news is Anderson, Moncada and Gradal (our 1-3) have had good careers off him. Same with Engel.. Plus no Madrigal or Robert at bats... This isn't the same shit team he's piutched to... LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also good is Encarnacion is HORRIBLE, so even more reason to bench him.  

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin
  • Like 1

This is where acquiring that third starter at the deadline would’ve helped to compete and grind out these games but here we are. I don’t know how I feel about going up against a pitcher that is 4-0 against us. Hope RR comes up with a good lineup today.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I think it's safe to say that the lineup the past few years is not really a reflection of this year's lineup.

Fiers has also been terrible pitching in Oakland this year. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

some good news is Anderson, Moncada and Gradal (our 1-3) have had good careers off him.

Also good is Encarnacion is HORRIBLE, so even more reason to bench him.  

Look at the exit velos some of our guys have against him too. We've hit him hard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Fiers is a snitch! Pound this rat into submission!

Finally some decent trolling. Nice to see you finally putting some effort back into your craft. I know Abreu becoming a legit MVP candidate took the air out of your shtick but the racism and steroid accusations were such lazy, unoriginal efforts. 

• Like 2

Fiers numbers this year may not reflect it but he is the kind of guy that gives the Sox fits regardless of the back of the baseball card. He is the kind of guy that Cleveland and Minnesota beat us with and others destroy.  He will let the Sox get themselves out........will they let him.....stay tuned. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is where acquiring that third starter at the deadline would’ve helped to compete and grind out these games but here we are. I don’t know how I feel about going up against a pitcher that is 4-0 against us. Hope RR comes up with a good lineup today.

I was advocating a trade heavily at the deadline to get a starting pitcher mostly and a reliever since at that time Bummer was injured. I'm not upset they didn't do it because of the nature of this season. The off season though will be different. Too many here take it for granted that playoffs are automatic for the next 3 years but as much as I want to believe that I can't .That's why I wanted to take advantage of actually being in the playoffs this year. I thought maybe with one more starting pitcher we could win it all.

Each season is it's own animal. If next season ends up being a short season then it's terrible for the rebuild since we are already having doubts about how much Jerry will allow Hahn to spend and for all minor league players across the country. There has to be a minor league season next year. Add in those expenses and Jerry could be pinching pennies like we have never seen if there's still no fans allowed in stadiums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mqr said:

I really hope this plan is not scripted, like so many are trying to do. 

I think having a script is fine, so long as they are willing to adjust and go off-script as the game evolves (or at least have a LOT of contingency plans). 

ofc one of the most common criticisms of RR is he seems unwilling to deviate from his scripts so we'll see.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Oh man. I'm so nervous and so excited. If we had control I'm sure we'd choose to win every playoff game with 10 run first innings, but deep down, these elimination playoff games are what we live for. 

Any player on the Sox, from MVP candidates to backups and disappointments, could make themselves a Sox legend today with one swing of the bat or one flash of leather. The highs of these games are as high as they get and, while it won't feel like it at the time if we lose, the lows are truthfully not that bad. I'd rather be taking an L in our last playoff game than be taking 100 Ls in a season with no end in sight just dreaming of this moment.

But the moment is here now so LFG SOX, I'm not done with playoff baseball yet, go win and make sure you aren't either!!!

Great post

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

3 of the 1st 5 LHH, should get an early idea of how effective Dunning is going to be.  Once through the lineup is all I want from Dunning with 1 run allowed. Then turn it over to a LHP probably Crochet to get us through or close to 5. The rest is up to Heuer, Foster, Bummer , Marshall and Colome.

• Like 1