Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, Quin said:

How did Ricky finally start understanding lineup construction this series?

Probably after the parrot looked as awesome as he did.  And probably someone asked him about what he was planning to do with his unemployment money.  

• Like 1

The way Moncada has been swinging #5 is a good place for him, he's going to get something for how hard he's been hitting his outs.... and giving Eloy protection is ideal.  Should be able to get him some opportunities with RISP as well.

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Like 2

Just now, Capn12 said:

Grandal at 2 and Moncada at 5 seems odd, but...just win.

Moncada is okay at 5 as it takes pressure off of him. He can be a lot more aggressive with his swing. He also provides solid protection for Eloy. Grandal has a hot bat so I'm okay with him second. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

On a side note, it appears that the Reds will exit the postseason, having never scored a run.

I like this... Reds have a team that can sneak up on you and bite you it seems.... Any of those teams are more than welcome to exit said stage.  A's are the same way.

Edited by Soxnfins
  • Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

So Mazara went from shouldn't be on the playoff roster to a member of the optimal line up with 2 ABs. One being a strikeout, although he was screwed.

If the alternative is a very rusty Leury, Mazara makes sense.  But only for lack of better alternative.

• Like 1

Just now, Soxnfins said:

I like this... Reds have a team that can sneak up on you and bite you it seems.... ANy of those teams are more than welcome to exit said stage.  A's are the same way.

Amazing how bad the offenses in the NL Central were

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Quin said:

How did Ricky finally start understanding lineup construction this series?

That's exactly what I thought. Garcia looks so rusty and overpowered at the plate, which is expected. Not sure why Encarnacion started yesterday.  With Eloy back this looks like the best group of 9 to be in the lineup.

• Like 1