Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, Baron said:

I'm not one to shy away from giving people their medicine. If we miss the playoffs next year I'm still going to do it. This team hasn't been to the playoffs in a fucking decade and it was just "oh well if we lose atleast we didn't trade away the #97 prospect in baseball". I hate this. I want to win. 

I’m on a phone trying to pick up my kids and get dinner, so thanks. You are saying everything I’d say with more time.

Just now, Baron said:

I'm not one to shy away from giving people their medicine. If we miss the playoffs next year I'm still going to do it. This team hasn't been to the playoffs in a fucking decade and it was just "oh well if we lose atleast we didn't trade away the #97 prospect in baseball". I hate this. I want to win. 

Agree completely, why don't we load up our Charlotte team and go for the AAA championship?

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

Will see how serious they are about winning in the offseason.  Need to go out and get at least 1 bonafide MLB pitcher or preferably two.  Hoping some guy with the physical skills will figure it out will get you what we are watching right now, if that.

If we lose our division is 1 and 6 in the post season. There will need to be an honest assessment about where we truly stand in regards to winning championships. Money will need to be spent and dead weight will need to go. 

1 minute ago, Dallas Kong said:

THANK YOU!!!!

Have fun slobbering over Stiever’s potential for a 2 WAR career, y’all. Lynn or Clevinger with us means likely ALCS.

Not having a third SP means this embarrassment.

Lol. You realize Clevinger isn’t even pitching right now due to injury correct?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Ricky got scared in the fist that he was going to get second guessed.  After watching our guys hit in the first inning.  Playing like the first inning is the end was the death knell.  We have two pitchers in the bullpen coming off injury.  We have a bunch of rookies.  When he started mixing and matching so early as well you knew Rodon was coming in.  Rodon proved that the inning he had in Cleveland was what he is right now.  A pitcher with terrible control.  

Crochet injury ruined everything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

This is what everyone in the trade deadline thread who didn't want to trade prospects wanted to see. You wanted to see these guys go out and struggle. All of that because you take the playoffs for granted. We may not go back next year. 

Nothing was really out there.   The team overachieved in a 60 game season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

THANK YOU!!!!

Have fun slobbering over Stiever’s potential for a 2 WAR career, y’all. Lynn or Clevinger with us means likely ALCS.

Not having a third SP means this embarrassment.

To be fair, we don't know what the asking cost was and everyone declined the Rangers asking price.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m all for blaming Ricky usually, but the pitching just flat out failed the team today. Same crap that’s been happening for weeks.

Totally with you here. But our bullpen full of rookies too. Kind of a Hahn issue.