Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

If that happens then I give Hahn a pass.  Since that isn't what happens I won't give him a pass.  Almost everybody on here talked about who in the hell would pitch game 3 if it got to that.  How can we all know it but our GM has no idea?

If you’re going to be mad, be mad that they didn’t sign another starter last winter. That was the time to make that move. Not when a team is asking for Kopech, Vaughn, and Stiever for Lance freakin Lynn at the trade deadline. This is why I was so pissed the Sox used a big chunk of last winter’s money on a catcher upgrade rather than another viable SP. look, Grandal was great the first two playoff games but pitching wins in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

And when that happens feel free to rant but throwing a tantrum months beforehand about a hypothetical failed offseason, in the middle of a close winner-take-all playoff game, is just so fucking tired.

How long have you been on Soxtalk lol

5 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Meathead take

The dude isn’t pitching and is injured. Maybe he’s got a frozen steak on his bicep but that’s about the only way you could possibly relate my post to meat.

Go ahead though, keep up the insults. 👍

This team clearly isn't equipped for the postseason. Our third best starting pitcher got 2 outs today. With no off-days in the DS and CS series, I seriously wonder how we'd manage our pitching staff in a 5 or 7 game series. If we win this game, It'll be interesting to see. But I wouldn't have a ton of confidence going into those series.

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

No acquisition would have stopped this implosion. Multiple guys came out of the BP and pissed down their leg

Really you think having a real starting pitcher in here wouldnt of made a difference.  First of all Rodon is watching this game from his house if thats the case.  

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

If you’re going to be mad, be mad that they didn’t sign another starter last winter. That was the time to make that move. Not when a team is asking for Kopech, Vaughn, and Stiever for Lance freakin Lynn at the trade deadline. This is why I was so pissed the Sox used a big chunk of last winter’s money on a catcher upgrade rather than another viable SP. look, Grandal was great the first two playoff games but pitching wins in the playoffs.

I suggested signing 2 starters in the off season and got shot down so many times I felt like my ass was full of buckshot.

2 minutes ago, almagest said:

The Indians, with the best pitching staff in baseball, gave up 22 runs to the Yankees in 2 games. But one extra starter is going to guarantee a White Sox march to the World Series.

They choked and so did the Twins.   The Sox are that Cinderella team in March Madness where the reality finally sets in.

Can I note the irony of people saying “we should have overpaid for a pitcher” when 3 guys we traded away in overpay deals we should not have made, Bassitt, Semien, and to a lesser extent Montas, have been key to us being in this spot right now?

• Like 2