Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I don't think we have the wrong Rick, but both Ricks need to be fired. Renteria SUCKS, HAHN SUCKS. Remember Hahn had to have David Rice and the PRICE was Tatis. Yes, we went into this series with only 2 legit starters because our head case Kopech decided tp opt out. I still believe it wasn't Covid but his ex-wife messed his head up also and with Covid and his divorce he couldn't get head on straight. HAHN did absolutely nothing at the trade deadline. In his eyes it seemed it was Clevenger or nothing. Renteria choked in the 1st inning and should have given Dunning 1 more batter and if he got him he should of pitched the second. Did i miss something. is Lopez hurt or not on this roster for the playoffs. As i've said in a previous post, the Cubs fired him for a reason. HE SUCKS!!!! Also as i've said, we need to hire a real manager, sign Bauer no matter what he wants, stretch out Crochet and see if Kopech has his head on straight. I'm not sure who else is out there. Can Rondon be 80%  of what he was?? Doubt it, but miracles do happen.LOL. Offensively we are solid for next year, bullpen, very good, Starting pitching is the BIG question after Dallas and Lucas. Can Cease and Dunning develop?? Maybe, but they may need a full and at least a half a year in AA. The offense is too good to waste and we can't weight. looking for miracle to pull this one out. I'm writing during the bottom of the 7th woth 2 on and 2 out.

Don't think we will be seeing Crochet next season.  Completely agree on Bauer, but that is unlikely.

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

This is on Ricky for stranding 10 and not throwing strikes

if it makes you guys feel better to keep saying this obnoxious shit that's fine.

But ricky is supposed to be the easy going guy that makes everyone play relaxed.

This performance look relaxed to you?

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

if it makes you guys feel better to keep saying this obnoxious shit that's fine.

But ricky is supposed to be the easy going guy that makes everyone play relaxed.

It looks like a fuckin' playoff game to me.  Because it is.  He's a baseball manager, not an in-game sports psychologist.  

What a dumb take.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

Do the As look relaxed?

They look focused.

REALLY hard to win a game where your starter goes 2/3rds of an inning, with one of your best hitters injured, with one of your best relievers getting injured after a batter, while leaving the bases loaded twice.

As such... we will win 7 to 6.

Should have been much more aggressive on the basepaths earlier in the game.  Having guys on first and depending on multiple hits to score them was a mistake.  Thinking 3 or 4 runs was going to win this game is pretty dumb thinking.

The White Sox philosophy of hitting v Oakland is evident today.  The A's are making the Sox relievers throw strikes and the Sox are bailing their relievers out.

Sox need hitters to work the count to balance the lineup.

It is not the hitting coach either because the White Sox hired the A's coordinator.

They need to emphasize that as it may well cost them the game today.