Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The As earned this lead with the way they fought through our bullpen pitchers.

yes our bullpen did choke but like Balta said

The A's didnt get themselves out - they didn't swing at non competitive pitches and forced our guys to throw strikes.

That is how you win baseball games - you can have all the talent in the world but in the end good 3-1 2-0 counts are how you win baseball games.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If you steal those bases you take the bat out of Abreu’s hands. They’d walk him. It’d be all on McCann.

Sounds better than what happened - just don’t see why you don’t take every time every opportunity to press in a game like this

Edited by hi8is

1 minute ago, Richie said:

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. 

I'm not half as upset as I normally would be. 

You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team. 

The Cleveland and Cubs series took any enthusiasm I really had about this team. After that Minnesota series, I was thinking we'd have a real shot at making the ALCS. 

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

This is objectively false 

LMAO

No, it's not. We have won twice in like 11 days and every facet of our team has been dreadful. 

We are in a BRUTAL state right now. Dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. 

You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team. 

So the #2 team in AL is struggling to beat us w home field. Think before you post

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Then all the more reason to see if Dunning can get it done with the season on the line.

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

While the A's tried to do the same but the White Sox would not take it.  That is what I find most frustrating after bringing in Bummer in the 2nd inning for no reason at all. 

No reason at all? Who did you want then after Crochet was out? 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If you steal those bases you take the bat out of Abreu’s hands. They’d walk him. It’d be all on McCann.

I am not sure they are going to walk Abreu in the 1st inning.  Eloy was up after Abreu.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

The Cleveland and Cubs series took any enthusiasm I really had about this team. After that Minnesota series, I was thinking we'd have a real shot at making the ALCS. 

Hell, I thought the World Series. We literally just weren't losing.