Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

I appreciate positivity, but thinking they could be WS contenders based on a truncated season of beating mostly bad teams, especially without a full rotation and a terrible manager is head-scratching to me.

This is not even a .500 team in a full season.  When you sign Gio G. to be one of your starters it's a wait till next year approach.  What they did in 60 games took everyone by surprise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

In hindsight, you have to stick with your starter. If you lose, oh well. Pulling the plug early usually gets you in trouble.

Either you leave in the starter and take your chances with him or figure some of those relievers who failed today give you a better chance than the starter. RR made the wrong call today. It's a big boy game and if management wants to fire him for making some/many wrong calls, it's OK with me. If he comes back I guess that's OK too.

That collapse to end the season prepared me.  Still stings.  So many missed opportunities.  So many dumb moves.  So many bad calls...

Fun season in a very shitty year gone too soon. 

Learn, add, grow, and for the love of all that is good and holy send Renteria packing as soon as the plane touches down at Ohare...

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Either you leave in the starter and take your chances with him or figure some of those relievers who failed today give you a better chance than the starter. RR made the wrong call today. It's a big boy game and if management wants to fire him for making some/many wrong calls, it's OK with me. If he comes back I guess that's OK too.

God we can dream he doesn't come back.. it wasn't this year that most of us realized how bad he is.

We gave known this the entire time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

He's 100% right. And I dont see that he said anything childish. 

He told Tony to grow up and stop blindly defending your team. It's the end of the season. It's ok to defend the team you love. It's not childish to put the blinders on once in a while (which is debatable that Tony did that ) just as its not manly or grown up to thrash your favorite team.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Tommy LaStella is my new least favorite player not playing for the Twins.

I'm not sure why we didn't shift on him this series. All his hits were right up the middle.

5 minutes ago, almagest said:

Let’s go get Bauer and Springer. Maybe another league average starter too. Bring up Vaughn. Last two (or one) spots are a battle between Kopech Dunning Steiver and Cease.

Too many holes to overcome on this team. Inexperience bit us too.

Rooting for the As against the Astros.

He needs to develop in the minors. 

Nothing's guaranteed. Rick needs a good offseason and keep improving or we'll be left out next year. Cleveland and Minnesota are going to hang with us for years. I don't like the "We'll be back" or the "We're going to be here for the foreseeable future". Maybe or maybe not. It's up to Rick Hahn.

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you seem happy we lost?  I swear some of you guys are Sox fans just enjoy being bitter.

Hey remember when we didn’t sign Machado and you quit being a fan?

• Haha 1

yeah our pitcher starting this game is debatably a minor league pitcher.

We were kind of fucked once keuchel shit the bed.

That being said we walked the game away - with a bullpen that had been good al  year and quite frankly choked in a moment that was too big for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you seem happy we lost?  I swear some of you guys are Sox fans just enjoy being bitter.

Joesaiditstrue has literally being doing that all series, if not longer.  Makes me wish there was an ignore button.

Ill never understand sox “fans” gloating to other fans that their own team lost.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

In hind sight for today ...Foster should have been the opener

The bullpen is not dominant in a way that you can win games doing that. And do you really want a manager who has a history of questionable in game decisions to make more of them than usual in an elimination game?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asindc said:

A very young and promising team just simply was not quite ready for the bigger stage.  Great building season and very valuable experience gained with this late season and playoff run.  Lots to build on.

I think this sums it up. Too many young pitchers just couldn't get the job done. If just one of them could last 2 innings maybe it makes a difference.Pro sports is not for the feint of heart. Crochet getting hurt and Eloy too might've made a big difference. You can point to some little things like the catchers interference on Grandal and bigger things like lack of production from hitters in key situations but it was basically just a very young team showing it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

Nothing's guaranteed. Rick needs a good offseason and keep improving or we'll be left out next year. Cleveland and Minnesota are going to hang with us for years. I don't like the "We'll be back" or the "We're going to be here for the foreseeable future". Maybe or maybe not. It's up to Rick Hahn.

If I could bet on it I would bet we don't win 90% of our games against the Tigers/Royals next season either.  Better get a lot better against Cleveland.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Lopez shouldn't throw another pitch for the White Sox organization.  Clear messages should be sent what the expectations are for Cease/Kopech.  Still need to go get at least one real MLB starting pitcher.(and I don't mean someone like Gio Gonzalez)

As usual we signed a couple of guys who robbed us blind. Rodon is another one I would throw in the Walmart dumpster. 

• Haha 1