Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, soxforlife05 said:

The bullpen is not dominant in a way that you can win games doing that. And do you really want a manager who has a history of questionable in game decisions to make more of them than usual in an elimination game?

No bullpen is.

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

That being said we walked the game away - with a bullpen that had been good al  year and quite frankly choked in a moment that was too big for them.

True dat about the walks. You deserve to lose when you do that. However ... also a lack of key hits by EVERYONE including my guy, Jose. Sox in the last two games failed to come up with the big hit in SOOO many instances. Sox also didn't hit enough dingers. They live by the HR ball, folks. All three games being in Oakland ... Sox fans shoulda known we had a small chance of winning, In our park? Home run haven for the guys ... we'd have won the series had we had just one home game.

I'm very frustrated. I thought only the Rays or Yankees would kick our butt. Didn't think Sox would lose to anybody else cause of that offense.  Positive people will blame injuries Yes they hurt the team badly as well as loss of Kopech.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

That makes me feel 0% better.

Then could be SD and be on the verge of being eliminated by the Cardinals?  SD is right at like an equivalent position as the Sox, IMO.  Young team, right on the verge of breaking out as a PO monster.

Edited by ChiHawks10

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Bullpen management, calling him out for not playing McCann at catcher...etc. they are all going to town on Ricky

The idiot faction on this board would have gone batshit crazy if fWAR was benched today, or any day.

Even I would have questioned it, he was one of your best hitters. Is he saying Eloy shouldn't have started?

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

Nothing's guaranteed. Rick needs a good offseason and keep improving or we'll be left out next year. Cleveland and Minnesota are going to hang with us for years. I don't like the "We'll be back" or the "We're going to be here for the foreseeable future". Maybe or maybe not. It's up to Rick Hahn.

I agree, they can’t count on this extended playoff format being around. There needs to be a lot of roster and personnel changes entering next season. This is not a championship team

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Could be worse...like losing 18 straight playoff games.

That's true lol, unfortunately nothing will make me feel better right now.  I hate losing and who knows for sure until they will play again.  Just have this feeling the next season won't start on time.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I objected to you calling the Sox "not a playoff team" which again...is false because they were in the playoffs. You can't seem to understand that (which based on your previous posts, make sense)

Additionally, we saw teams like the Reds, Twins, Indians get pretty much smoked in the playoffs already. Were they not playoff teams either? 

Your post just didn't make any sense. I never once said they didn't stumble into the playoffs, or that the last week wasn't a shit show. Find where I said that, Richie. Because you won't be able to find it, you're just projecting because someone called you out for a shit post. 

They were and are a playoff team. For the terrible week they had to get into the Playoffs, they looked like a damn good team when they went up 1-0 in the series. And there were about 6 moments today when if Abreu/Mazara/Moncada could have delivered a big, clutch hit....we're talking about matchups against the Astros. 

But keep crying and b****ing, yet saying you have better things to do and you've checked out. 

Not sure what Mazara did wrong today... came down to the intentional Pinder walk putting too much pressure on Foster and Marshall going from two outs and nobody on to the A's getting one more clutch hit with RISP at the end of that inning.   Rodon wetting the bed yet again, Grandal with some more sloppy catching. 

Crochet gets through the third, Jimenez doesn't get hurt, LaStella drops that ball....one and only sure thing is I don't ever want to see Rodon pitch for the White Sox again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Bullpen management, calling him out for not playing McCann at catcher...etc. they are all going to town on Ricky

Are they trying to say Grandal sucks at calling games? There's no way they were going to let Grandal sit after his first 2 games. Maybe blame RR and Eloy for overestimating where his foot injury was. Because he was clearly not ready to play.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

I objected to you calling the Sox "not a playoff team" which again...is false because they were in the playoffs. You can't seem to understand that (which based on your previous posts, make sense)

Additionally, we saw teams like the Reds, Twins, Indians get pretty much smoked in the playoffs already. Were they not playoff teams either? 

Your post just didn't make any sense. I never once said they didn't stumble into the playoffs, or that the last week wasn't a shit show. Find where I said that, Richie. Because you won't be able to find it, you're just projecting because someone called you out for a shit post. 

They were and are a playoff team. For the terrible week they had to get into the Playoffs, they looked like a damn good team when they went up 1-0 in the series. And there were about 6 moments today when if Abreu/Mazara/Moncada could have delivered a big, clutch hit....we're talking about matchups against the Astros. 

But keep crying and b****ing, yet saying you have better things to do and you've checked out. 

What? I said "right now" we're not a top 8 team in the AL. We haven't been playing like that. I said we "RIGHT NOW" in this moment. Where THIS TEAM IS AND HAS BEEN AT. They weren't a team that belonged. I didn't mean they weren't overall.

You literally have to strawman me and create shit out of thin air to even have a coherent argument. That's how absurd you are being. In my life, I've never had an interraction like this. You are literally making a fool of yourself whilst being so sure that you're correct.

You are literally lying and making things up. OR... you totally misunderstood and didn't bother to re-read the post, clarify, etc. Just attacked. You've been a MMMMASSSSSSIIIVVVE dick. 

Just take a deep breath, dude. We're going to be really good for a long time. We got cold and played dreadfully at the worst time possible in a shortened season. In a longer season? We would have gotten past it.

Deep breaths, Sox fan brethren. It's going to be okay. You should have calmed down and read my post closer. Thought through, perhaps, what I was really saying. As opposed to what you were trying to "attack". 

It's okay. I forgive you. It's a tough day for all of us. 

Edited by Richie
  • Like 2