Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

2 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Basically saying his bullpen management was a disaster.

Nah it wasn't but the bullpen pitchers were a disaster. He tried all the right guys except when he went to Rodon  but not one guy could give us any innings when we desperately needed someone to step up. RR basically had to pull everyone he pulled except for maybe Dunning but that worked early on. Got us a 3-0 lead but after that it was every pitcher not doing what they had been doing . Again except for Rodon.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Bringing in Bummer in the 2nd was an awful decision. Better spot for Foster who could end up giving you 2 and in a better situation than bases loaded in a 1 run game

Yup that was idiotic. Why waste your best left handed reliever after your 2nd best left handed reliever just got hurt? Just baffling. Also, I'd much rather have your lower end bullpen guys get the earlier innings. If they allow a run or two, you still have time to come back. If you go into the 7th with a lead and have to throw Jace Fry or Dylan Cease, that'd be catastrophic.

5 minutes ago, ChiHawks10 said:

Then could be SD and be on the verge of being eliminated by the Cardinals?  SD is right at like an equivalent position as the Sox, IMO.  Young team, right on the verge of breaking out as a PO monster.

No team survives in the playoffs with their top 2 starting pitchers on the shelf. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

I objected to you calling the Sox "not a playoff team" which again...is false because they were in the playoffs. You can't seem to understand that (which based on your previous posts, make sense)

Additionally, we saw teams like the Reds, Twins, Indians get pretty much smoked in the playoffs already. Were they not playoff teams either? 

Your post just didn't make any sense. I never once said they didn't stumble into the playoffs, or that the last week wasn't a shit show. Find where I said that, Richie. Because you won't be able to find it, you're just projecting because someone called you out for a shit post. 

They were and are a playoff team. For the terrible week they had to get into the Playoffs, they looked like a damn good team when they went up 1-0 in the series. And there were about 6 moments today when if Abreu/Mazara/Moncada could have delivered a big, clutch hit....we're talking about matchups against the Astros. 

But keep crying and b****ing, yet saying you have better things to do and you've checked out. 

Meant to address these remarks as well. 

Additionally, we saw teams like the Reds, Twins, Indians get pretty much smoked in the playoffs already. Were they not playoff teams either? 

Yes, we got manhandled by good teams. What's your point? In your mind, how does that mean we were playing like a contender?

I never once said they didn't stumble into the playoffs, or that the last week wasn't a shit show. Find where I said that, Richie. Because you won't be able to find it, you're just projecting because someone called you out for a shit post. 

You said it was objectively false that each facet of our team hadn't dropped off and been bad. 

My entire post was pertaining to the past couple weeks. I made that clear. You called said post objectively false.

So, of course you said it, Tony. lol. I said we had been playing brutal. You said I was wrong. That is saying it. 

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nah it wasn't but the bullpen pitchers were a disaster. He tried all the right guys except when he went to Rodon  but not one guy could give us any innings when we desperately needed someone to step up. RR basically had to pull everyone he pulled except for maybe Dunning but that worked early on. Got us a 3-0 lead but after that it was every pitcher not doing what they had been doing . Again except for Rodon.

The bullpen was a disaster because he put them all in awfull situations.  He showed them all he had no faith in them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

Exactly. Cardinals always have a horseshoe up their asses. But they are a good organization.

My point was that the Cardinals aren't some kind of dominant, unbeatable, beastly team, just like the A's.  Sox and Padres are in a similar position, and a similar point in their team development, IMO.  This was a good year, overall.  Got some PO experience for a lot of young guys.  This team's future is bright.  

I'm excited for next year already.  At least if they do what they need to do in the offseason.  TOR guy, RF, and fire Ricky's ass.

Edited by ChiHawks10

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

What? I said "right now" we're not a top 8 team in the AL. We haven't been playing like that. I said we "RIGHT NOW" in this moment. Where THIS TEAM IS AND HAS BEEN AT. They weren't a team that belonged. Not overall.

You literally have to strawman me and create shit out of thin air to even have a coherent argument. That's how absurd you are being. In my life, I've never had an interraction like this. You are literally making a fool of yourself whilst being so sure that you're correct.

You are literally lying and making things up. OR... you totally misunderstood and didn't bother to re-read the post, clarify, etc. Just attacked. You've been a MMMMASSSSSSIIIVVVE dick. 

Just take a deep breath, dude. We're going to be really good for a long time. We got cold and played dreadfully at the worst time possible in a shortened season. In a longer season? We would have gotten past it.

Deep breaths, Sox fan brethren. It's going to be okay. You should have calmed down and read my post closer. Thought through, perhaps, what I was really saying. As opposed to what you were trying to "attack". 

It's okay. I forgive you. It's a tough day for all of us. 

I think it was the Grow up part that was probably most objectionable. Your team just lost . You want to make a graceful exit you talk up your team say with a little more something its possible you win. A grown man doesn't like to be told to grow up when he allows himself to be graceful in defeat. That is more grown up than going out bitter and frustrated. Not saying you were bitter and frustrated but you don't tell a guy to grow up because he defends his team.

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The bullpen was a disaster because he put them all in awfull situations.  He showed them all he had no faith in them. 

What were the awful situations ? Guys were walking hitters all over the place. Are you supposed to leave them in ? You leave them in and they walk another or give up a big hit everyone blames the manager too. I just don't see how he can win when pitchers wet the bed.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Perfect scenario for Houston to play villains and at least get back to the ALCS. Oakland has a ton of holes, unless Semien and Davis can return to being legit offensive threats. 

Fiers gets to exact revenge. Although with the way he pitched today, the Astros might blast him for 8 runs.

Feel for Abreu.   Swinging at that 2-1 pitch way outside was uncharacteristic in the 8th.  Really thought he could get Soria.  Knew it was going to be a tough game when we couldn't blow the game open early. 

Anderson played like a co~MVP this series. 

Lots of young players with something to build upon for next year, especially Robert.  

Was a bit shocked that Madrigal wet the bed so badly yesterday, but he held his own for most of his rookie season. 

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think it was the Grow up part that was probably most objectionable. Your team just lost . You want to make a graceful exit you talk up your team say with a little more something its possible you win. A grown man doesn't like to be told to grow up when he allows himself to be graceful in defeat. That is more grown up than going out bitter and frustrated. Not saying you were bitter and frustrated but you don't tell a guy to grow up because he defends his team.

He called me a gigantic man baby and before that (initial reply) to go cry in my corner. What I said with those remarks were a rebuttal. He replied to my post. Not the other way around. I did not initiate interaction. So, nah. I know you probably didn't see everything. But if he says that to me - I'll call him out the same. 

My post was merely expressing frustration with how we had played to finish the year. Which is fair. 

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. I'm not half as upset as I normally would be. You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team.

That's what I said and it is a fair way to feel right now. IMO. So, imagine being, not just disagreed with. But told your thoughts are "objectively false" and to go cry in your corner. When you're experiencing a season ending defeat with your team.

I think most wouldn't take kind to what he was saying in that situation.