Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Laughable. He pitched 6 2/3 innings over 14 days. If you were in charge, he'd be at 60 innings a year by 2030.

No kidding, WTH is he talking about treating him like a rented mule.  If pitching 6 2/3 over a couple of weeks is overworking him then don't draft him to begin with.

• Like 3

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It wasn't knee jerk It was planned. Give Dunning a look and see how he pitches. Maybe just maybe he gives you 2-3 innings I was hoping for 3 or 4 and I said so before the game. If he hangs too many gave up a walk and hit or a couple of hits he was going to be out of there and that's just what he did. I'm still amazed Heuer Bummer and Foster could all just die on the vine the way they did. Someone had to step up and no one did . Zero zilch nada (and the one who might have gets hurt) ,not the pitchers with the lead or the hitters throughout the game.

You’re right. Knee jerk was a poor choice of words. The planned quick hook is what I meant.

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Right or wrong they did hang their hat on him so they had to give him a chance to do his job.  He was one pitch away from getting out of the (first) inning and then it's a completly different game but we'll never know because Ricky chose to panic and put the bullpen in a terrible spot for the next 8.1 innings.  We do know how that turned out.    

Wasn't a panic move . You keep ignoring the fact he wasn't reliable his last few starts and the facts that the normally reliable guys are the ones who gave up the lead except for Rodon who just wasn't ready to come back and contribute. Lots of youth , lots of rust ,lot of injuries , no clutch hitting, no clutch pitching, and still hung in there. I just can't blame RR when the players failed so much more . Dunning was also 1 pitch away from putting us behind by 3 runs if you want to talk about possible what ifs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It wasn't knee jerk It was planned. Give Dunning a look and see how he pitches. Maybe just maybe he gives you 2-3 innings I was hoping for 3 or 4 and I said so before the game. If he hangs too many gave up a walk and hit or a couple of hits he was going to be out of there and that's just what he did. I'm still amazed Heuer Bummer and Foster could all just die on the vine the way they did. Someone had to step up and no one did . Zero zilch nada (and the one who might have gets hurt) ,not the pitchers with the lead or the hitters throughout the game.

Bummer came in due to the injury so he got the time to warm up. But tat can work either way for a reliever. He gave up two ground ball outs to end the 2nd. He came back the next inning and gave up a walk, a  strike out and a single. They brought in a RH pinch hitter and he left for Heuer. He gave up a walk and single in one inning and no runs. You said he died on the vine????

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I never want to see a 5:10 start again. That Indians series just torpedoed the season, especially essentially ending Eloy’s year

lmao I was kind of thinking that too. I don't think I've ever seen a 5:10 start on a week night.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I'm not going to continue to engage with someone this emotionally unstable. It doesn't seem right. 

Good luck. 

Sorry but not fooled. You just can't acknowledge the points and face the music. 

I echo his points but am not showing any aggression. So... give me a try then. Prove that's what your lack of rebuttal is actually about.

Edited by KonerkoFan1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Bummer came in due to the injury so he got the time to warm up. But tat can work either way for a reliever. He gave up two ground ball outs to end the 2nd. He came back the next inning and gave up a walk, a  strike out and a single. They brought in a RH pinch hitter and he left for Heuer. He gave up a walk and single in one inning and no runs. You said he died on the vine????

He just didnt look as dominant as he usually did.  Someone did have to step up and maybe he was the least likely between the 3 guys I mentioned to go 2 innings but he did look tired when they removed him. Just another guy who got added late to the roster because of injury and maybe expected too much from him to find a groove.

I said this in the game thread and will say it until the cows come home.  We were beat by an organizational philosophy.  The A's were content to let the White Sox pitchers beat themselves and they did so by running up pitch counts going through the entire pen.  The White Sox had plenty of opportunity to do the same and yet they swung at bad pitches and got themselves out.  On paper the White Sox were the better team.  

The AL Central is theirs for the taking as long as they want it......can they figure out how to take it....we shall see.

The organization needs to realize that RHP with good breaking stuff hand a majority of these guys their lunch.  

I think there are a few tweaks needed and simple growth of Robert, Eloy and Madrigal will do wonders, as well as the bullpen, and bringing in Vaughan.

Sucks the season is over but I think there are only a few things needed to be considered the best team in the AL.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The odds of his two #3 starting pitcher options throwing well for more than a few batters was zero. Hence the bullpen game. Rick Renteria did not acquire Fulmer, Rodon, Lopez, Gonzalez, and it's not his fault Don Cooper is stuck in the 20th century.

The only two starters the Sox can count on either threw away everything Cooper tried (Lucas) or was developed outside of the organization (Dallas). It's been a long time since Cooper "fixed" someone. Yet he is still here, because Kenny is still here, because Jerry is still here. Until there is a change at the top, like there was on the Bulls, the Song Remains the Same.

I think this was the key. The Sox didn't have even a passable #3 starter to pitch a must game. You had a rookie hit hard by Cincy, and Lopez was lit up by the Cubs. If someone credible to fill this role is not picked up in the off season, 2021 can be a long year even with the powerful offense.

The FO needs to consider important changes. I have no idea if it has the will to do so.

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s as good as gone

This might be a bit off topic but I thought one of the questions for McCann in the post game press conference about whether this was a good first step for this team was just clueless.  Why are you asking a guy that question who is heading out the door?  Give that question to Grandal instead?