Jump to content
Bad Hombre

Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Recommended Posts

Those of you counting on playoffs next year might want to look at Sox history along with all the injured pitchers. We never have enough healthy pitchers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t like Ricky at all, but I feel like he managed that game like he was crowdsourcing Soxtalk.com.  The consensus around here was super quick hook on Dunning, use the whole bullpen, play only to the leverage.  Yet he’s getting roasted.  This is the problem with the precious “bullpen game” people—you have to rely on 8 guys to be “on” the same night.

The problem here was we had no third starter.  Blame fate, blame the org, blame Kopech for watching from home (oooh, can I say that?) but this one, THIS one, was not on Ricky.

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Richie said:

He called me a gigantic man baby and before that (initial reply) to go cry in my corner. What I said with those remarks were a rebuttal. He replied to my post. Not the other way around. I did not initiate interaction. So, nah. I know you probably didn't see everything. But if he says that to me - I'll call him out the same. 

My post was merely expressing frustration with how we had played to finish the year. Which is fair. 

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. I'm not half as upset as I normally would be. You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team.

That's what I said and it is a fair way to feel right now. IMO. So, imagine being, not just disagreed with. But told your thoughts are "objectively false" and to go cry in your corner. When you're experiencing a season ending defeat with your team.

I think most wouldn't take kind to what he was saying in that situation. 

I know he called you the man baby after you said grow up because it came off like being grown up means you have to bash your team. The other thing about crying I'd have to look again but I'll trust you on it. We were all hot under the collar I'm just trying to be the intermediary but maybe I should butt out. Peace !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Those of you counting on playoffs next year might want to look at Sox history along with all the injured pitchers. We never have enough healthy pitchers. 

I'm hoping for playoff expansion. Not 8 teams, but 6-7 probably means the Sox will be playing in October for many years to come.

Edited by chw42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t think Ricky is the right manager, but nothing makes a manager lok worse than a bad bullpen performance. It was damned if you do, damned if you don’t for Ricky the whole game.

He managed the game out of the sync. The worst I've seen for a game of that importance.

He played not to lose and he lost.

He managed for his job.

He let the team down.

I'm listening to him on his presser.

He"s taking no responsibility for that fiasco.

Theo had enough of a sampling to know RR is not a championship manager.

And now Sox ownership-management knows.

(Not that it will make any difference).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Tony said:

 I'm not going to continue to engage with someone this emotionally unstable. It doesn't seem right. 

Good luck. 

Good idea. Figures.

I point out that you lied about my post and you have to say something like this to slip out the door. 

I mean... you outright lied. Look at my post. 

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. I'm not half as upset as I normally would be. You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team.

How was I POSSIBLY talking about the team as a whole? I'm clearly speaking towards how we have/had been playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Richie said:

Good idea. Figures.

I point out that you lied about my post and you have to say something like this to slip out the door. 

I mean... you outright lied. Look at my post. 

I'm glad my spirit was crushed and my will to give a shit was cut directly in half during the Cleveland series. I'm not half as upset as I normally would be. You had to know this was coming. We're a horrible baseball team right now. For a variety of reasons. We're not even a top 8 team in the AL. Not at this moment. Not a playoff team.

How was I POSSIBLY talking about the team as a whole? I'm clearly speaking towards how we have/had been playing. 

Can you stop posting about your own posts?  Jesus Christ with the fucking navel gazing, masturbatory nonsense.  Nobody is keeping track of your little spat.  Nobody is following.  You’ve lost, whether you’re “right” or “wrong.” Just step away from the keyboard, man.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I despise him as a manager and he over played his hand in this game, literally none of his moves worked, except for surprisingly Cordero. This lost falls solely on the players, on offense and pitching. They just failed. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He told Tony to grow up and stop blindly defending your team. It's the end of the season. It's ok to defend the team you love. It's not childish to put the blinders on once in a while (which is debatable that Tony did that ) just as its not manly or grown up to thrash your favorite team.

When someone needs to be told something, they need to be told something. Telling someone to grow up is not childish at all, it's telling that person that they were the ones who needs to stop being childish.

 

Why would you not speak harshly of your team there's a reason to do so? Sugar coating things is not good. People have to face the bad, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t like Ricky at all, but I feel like he managed that game like he was crowdsourcing Soxtalk.com.  The consensus around here was super quick hook on Dunning, use the whole bullpen, play only to the leverage.  Yet he’s getting roasted.  This is the problem with the precious “bullpen game” people—you have to rely on 8 guys to be “on” the same night.

The problem here was we had no third starter.  Blame fate, blame the org, blame Kopech for watching from home (oooh, can I say that?) but this one, THIS one, was not on Ricky.

The only bullpen decision I fault Ricky on is bringing in Rodon with a lead. That was a big mistake and really kind of set the tone for the rest of the game and the bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t like Ricky at all, but I feel like he managed that game like he was crowdsourcing Soxtalk.com.  The consensus around here was super quick hook on Dunning, use the whole bullpen, play only to the leverage.  Yet he’s getting roasted.  This is the problem with the precious “bullpen game” people—you have to rely on 8 guys to be “on” the same night.

The problem here was we had no third starter.  Blame fate, blame the org, blame Kopech for watching from home (oooh, can I say that?) but this one, THIS one, was not on Ricky.

Exactly how I feel. If just one of Heuer, Foster , Bummer , Rodon give us anything it's a different game. Instead we got 6 walks a HR 4 hits 4 runs given up in 2.2 innings. That's a lot of guys getting on base from 3 of our best 4 guys. But still the offense also had their chances. A lot of bad happening with a lots of chances kept it like we weren't ever out of it but after the lead was gone never really felt like we were in it either until someone could come up with a big hit or a solid 2 innings. It never happened. Well once when Mazara tied it at 4 but that was it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

The only bullpen decision I fault Ricky on is bringing in Rodon with a lead. That was a big mistake and really kind of set the tone for the rest of the game and the bullpen.

Rodon never should have been added to the playoff roster. That's on Hahn, the man who escapes all criticism on SoxTalk. The lack of other options, also on Hahn.

Detwiler was a better option. Hahn's ego, almost as large as Kenny's.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Exactly how I feel. If just one of Heuer, Foster , Bummer , Rodon give us anything it's a different game. Instead we got 6 walks a HR 4 hits 4 runs given up in 2.2 innings. That's a lot of guys getting on base from 3 of our best 4 guys. But still the offense also had their chances. A lot of bad happening with a lots of chances kept it like we weren't ever out of it but after the lead was gone never really felt like we were in it either until someone could come up with a big hit or a solid 2 innings. It never happened. Well once when Mazara tied it at 4 but that was it.

Sox just walked too many guys of late, especially 9th hitters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t think Ricky is the right manager, but nothing makes a manager lok worse than a bad bullpen performance. It was damned if you do, damned if you don’t for Ricky the whole game.

He used 9 pitchers.  The odds of 9 pitchers all throwing well on the same day is zero.  Ricky fucked the game up when he panicked and pulled the guy built to give innings with two outs in the 1st god damn inning.  He put the team in a bad situation from jump and they could never recover.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t like Ricky at all, but I feel like he managed that game like he was crowdsourcing Soxtalk.com.  The consensus around here was super quick hook on Dunning, use the whole bullpen, play only to the leverage.  Yet he’s getting roasted.  This is the problem with the precious “bullpen game” people—you have to rely on 8 guys to be “on” the same night.

The problem here was we had no third starter.  Blame fate, blame the org, blame Kopech for watching from home (oooh, can I say that?) but this one, THIS one, was not on Ricky.

This should so be a thing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you seem happy we lost?  I swear some of you guys are Sox fans just enjoy being bitter.

It's ok to be bitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

When someone needs to be told something, they need to be told something. Telling someone to grow up is not childish at all, it's telling that person that they were the ones who needs to stop being childish.

 

Why would you not speak harshly of your team there's a reason to do so? Sugar coating things is not good. People have to face the bad, too. 

Um because its baseball not something we should get all worked up over. Criticize all you want. Just some people don't care to raise their blood pressure over it. It's not sugarcoating to look at things objectivly. It was a good season . They were bad at the end . Thats how you lose . Season over time to relax and spend some time with the loved ones and be kind and not stay in a bad mood . Peace I don't need the last word on this so say what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Rodon never should have been added to the playoff roster. That's on Hahn, the man who escapes all criticism on SoxTalk. The lack of other options, also on Hahn.

Detwiler was a better option. Hahn's ego, almost as large as Kenny's.

I’m fine with Rodon as the last guy out of the pen, not the 4th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, T R U said:

Hey remember when we didn’t sign Machado and you quit being a fan?

Quit being a fan or moved to Nashville?  But keep hating bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Um because its baseball not something we should get all worked up over. Criticize all you want. Just some people don't care to raise their blood pressure over it. It's not sugarcoating to look at things objectivly. It was a good season . They were bad at the end . Thats how you lose . Season over time to relax and spend some time with the loved ones and be kind and not stay in a bad mood . Peace I don't need the last word on this so say what you will.

Why shouldn't we?

 

We love our team. There's no reason not to be passionate about it. But that's not even relevant because you don't have to be passionate or worked up to simply state what is true, which is that this team overacheived.

 

Not sure where your logic is coming from. So do you never criticize the team or management at all? Nooooot likely. But if you do, well good for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still cannot imagine why Ricky would think that Rodon would get anybody out in a clutch situation.  Neither one of them belongs in MLB.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Why shouldn't we?

 

We love our team. There's no reason not to be passionate about it. But that's not even relevant because you don't have to be passionate or worked up to simply state what is true, which is that this team overacheived.

 

Not sure where your logic is coming from. So do you never criticize the team or management at all? Nooooot likely. But if you do, well good for you.

Sock puppet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He used 9 pitchers.  The odds of 9 pitchers all throwing well on the same day is zero.  Ricky fucked the game up when he panicked and pulled the guy built to give innings with two outs in the 1st god damn inning.  He put the team in a bad situation from jump and they could never recover.  

The odds of his two #3 starting pitcher options throwing well for more than a few batters was zero. Hence the bullpen game. Rick Renteria did not acquire Fulmer, Rodon, Lopez, Gonzalez, and it's not his fault Don Cooper is stuck in the 20th century.

The only two starters the Sox can count on either threw away everything Cooper tried (Lucas) or was developed outside of the organization (Dallas). It's been a long time since Cooper "fixed" someone. Yet he is still here, because Kenny is still here, because Jerry is still here. Until there is a change at the top, like there was on the Bulls, the Song Remains the Same.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×