Jump to content
Bad Hombre

Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The odds of his two #3 starting pitcher options throwing well for more than a few batters was zero. Hence the bullpen game. Rick Renteria did not acquire Fulmer, Rodon, Lopez, Gonzalez, and it's not his fault Don Cooper is stuck in the 20th century.

The only two starters the Sox can count on either threw away everything Cooper tried (Lucas) or was developed outside of the organization (Dallas). It's been a long time since Cooper "fixed" someone. Yet he is still here, because Kenny is still here, because Jerry is still here.

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Thank you Frank, Oz and Chuck for keeping it real.

.

 

I love Frank Thomas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He used 9 pitchers.  The odds of 9 pitchers all throwing well on the same day is zero.  Ricky fucked the game up when he panicked and pulled the guy built to give innings with two outs in the 1st god damn inning.  He put the team in a bad situation from jump and they could never recover.  

We lost with only 3 of the 9 pitchers pitching well and one got injured and 2 were after the damage was already done. Dunning gave up 0 runs but he didn't pitch well and got bailed out by Crochet. Even if that goes to 4 or 5 of them pitching well we probably win. After Crochet they all sucked until Cordero came in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The odds of his two #3 starting pitcher options throwing well for more than a few batters was zero. Hence the bullpen game. Rick Renteria did not acquire Fulmer, Rodon, Lopez, Gonzalez, and it's not his fault Don Cooper is stuck in the 20th century.

The only two starters the Sox can count on either threw away everything Cooper tried (Lucas) or was developed outside of the organization (Dallas). It's been a long time since Cooper "fixed" someone. Yet he is still here, because Kenny is still here, because Jerry is still here. Until there is a change at the top, like there was on the Bulls, the Song Remains the Same.

We'll never know because Ricky yanked him after giving up 2 singles.  Two. Fucking. Singles.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

We'll never know because Ricky yanked him after giving up 2 singles.  Two. Fucking. Singles.  

He looked like shit out there. How many runs would you have allowed before pulling him? How many here would post "fire Ricky" if he gave up a single run? He looked like shit his previous two starts as well. That's what happens when you are relying on inexperienced Minor Leaguers because your GM gave you no other options.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He looked like shit out there. How many runs would you have allowed before pulling him? How many here would post "fire Ricky" if he gave up a single run?

Yep this can go on and on and the thing is pulling Dunning worked on fine. We were ahead 3-0 so why stick up for Dunning so much ? It was the pitchers after Crochet got hurt that screwed everything up. Before that everyone was feeling good . The minute Crochet got hurt it all unraveled. it was like "hello Welcome to the House of Horrors once again.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Thank you Frank, Oz and Chuck for keeping it real.

.

 

What’d they say? Out of towner here can’t watch the after shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

What’d they say? Out of towner here can’t watch the after shows.

Yeah, I missed the post game, would love to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Quit being a fan or moved to Nashville?  But keep hating bro.

It was definitely quit being a fan, im just saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He looked like shit out there. How many runs would you have allowed before pulling him? How many here would post "fire Ricky" if he gave up a single run? He looked like shit his previous two starts as well. That's what happens when you are relying on inexperienced Minor Leaguers because your GM gave you no other options.

He threw 15 pitches.  Good lord man he wasn't out there long enough to look like shit.  I'm starting to think Ricky thought this was a double header and he was managing a 7 inning game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hi8is said:

What’d they say? Out of towner here can’t watch the after shows.

There's some of it  video clips in the thread before you posted .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

What’d they say? Out of towner here can’t watch the after shows.

 

10 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

Yeah, I missed the post game, would love to see it.

I posted a few clips a few pages back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yep this can go on and on and the thing is pulling Dunning worked on fine. We were ahead 3-0 so why stick up for Dunning so much ? It was the pitchers after Crochet got hurt that screwed everything up. Before that everyone was feeling good . The minute Crochet got hurt it all unraveled. it was like "hello Welcome to the House of Horrors once again.

Maybe Crochet got hurt because they used a starting pitcher out of college as a bullpen mule down the stretch and in a game 3 elimination. They wore his arm out, hopefully it's just strained and not in need of TJ.  Washington took the extreme caution route with Strasburg while the Sox treat their #1 pick like a rented mule.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He threw 15 pitches.  Good lord man he wasn't out there long enough to look like shit.  I'm starting to think Ricky thought this was a double header and he was managing a 7 inning game.  

Dunning just wasn't the guy you hang your hat on.  Tell me you thought Heuer , Bummer and Foster looked any better when we were up 3-0 . Fathom didn't like opening with Dunning because there were 6 other guys he thought should start ahead of him. I though the 1st 3 lefty hitters would let you know how Dunning was doing . RR didn't wait for the 3rd lefty to face him. You're arguing that Dunning wasn't given enough rope to hang himself and put us behind in the 1st inning . Sure maybe he gets out of it but that doesn't change the fact that it was our normally reliable guys who didn't get the job done. You can't even put Dunning in that normally reliable category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Dunning just wasn't the guy you hang your hat on.  Tell me you thought Heuer , Bummer and Foster looked any better when we were up 3-0 . Fathom didn't like opening with Dunning because there were 6 other guys he thought should start ahead of him. I though the 1st 3 lefty hitters would let you know how Dunning was doing . RR didn't wait for the 3rd lefty to face him. You're arguing that Dunning wasn't given enough rope to hang himself and put us behind in the 1st inning . Sure maybe he gets out of it but that doesn't change the fact that it was our normally reliable guys who didn't get the job done. You can't even put Dunning in that normally reliable category.

Dunning had nothing three straight games. He missed or hung just about every pitch. I loved the move by Ricky, but Dane should have never started.  Clearly the Sox had no faith in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is hindsight, but Dunning should have been allowed to go three innings or give up three runs- whichever came first. I just think the knee jerk move that did work for the first inning, bit them in the end. You have to try to make postseason games as close to regular season games, even though they clearly are more urgent. The rest of the pen saw that move in the first, and all of their heads started swimming about when their time was coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Maybe Crochet got hurt because they used a starting pitcher out of college as a bullpen mule down the stretch and in a game 3 elimination. They wore his arm out, hopefully it's just strained and not in need of TJ.  Washington took the extreme caution route with Strasburg while the Sox treat their #1 pick like a rented mule.

Maybe but I'm sure Crochet didn't feel that way about it. I don't think he will ever say he was overused and he never really got a chance to be overused in that game because of the injury. He pitched 6 innings in the regular season and none in the 1st 2 games of the series.I can't say he was overworked. They made sure he was well rested for the 3rd game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flavum said:

It is hindsight, but Dunning should have been allowed to go three innings or give up three runs- whichever came first. I just think the knee jerk move that did work for the first inning, bit them in the end. You have to try to make postseason games as close to regular season games, even though they clearly are more urgent. The rest of the pen saw that move in the first, and all of their heads started swimming about when their time was coming. 

Disagree, it’s a whole different game if Crochet gets you into the bottom of the 4th.  I do agree they used Bummer way, way too early

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Maybe Crochet got hurt because they used a starting pitcher out of college as a bullpen mule down the stretch and in a game 3 elimination. They wore his arm out, hopefully it's just strained and not in need of TJ.  Washington took the extreme caution route with Strasburg while the Sox treat their #1 pick like a rented mule.

Laughable. He pitched 6 2/3 innings over 14 days. If you were in charge, he'd be at 60 innings a year by 2030.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How in the world did we lose a 3 game series in which Timmy had 9 hits...I am just shocked by this.  I was stuck in traffic on that last at bat by Jose and it sounded awful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, flavum said:

It is hindsight, but Dunning should have been allowed to go three innings or give up three runs- whichever came first. I just think the knee jerk move that did work for the first inning, bit them in the end. You have to try to make postseason games as close to regular season games, even though they clearly are more urgent. The rest of the pen saw that move in the first, and all of their heads started swimming about when their time was coming. 

It wasn't knee jerk It was planned. Give Dunning a look and see how he pitches. Maybe just maybe he gives you 2-3 innings I was hoping for 3 or 4 and I said so before the game. If he hangs too many gave up a walk and hit or a couple of hits he was going to be out of there and that's just what he did. I'm still amazed Heuer Bummer and Foster could all just die on the vine the way they did. Someone had to step up and no one did . Zero zilch nada (and the one who might have gets hurt) ,not the pitchers with the lead or the hitters throughout the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Dunning just wasn't the guy you hang your hat on.  Tell me you thought Heuer , Bummer and Foster looked any better when we were up 3-0 . Fathom didn't like opening with Dunning because there were 6 other guys he thought should start ahead of him. I though the 1st 3 lefty hitters would let you know how Dunning was doing . RR didn't wait for the 3rd lefty to face him. You're arguing that Dunning wasn't given enough rope to hang himself and put us behind in the 1st inning . Sure maybe he gets out of it but that doesn't change the fact that it was our normally reliable guys who didn't get the job done. You can't even put Dunning in that normally reliable category.

Right or wrong they did hang their hat on him so they had to give him a chance to do his job.  He was one pitch away from getting out of the (first) inning and then it's a completly different game but we'll never know because Ricky chose to panic and put the bullpen in a terrible spot for the next 8.1 innings.  We do know how that turned out.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×