Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Crochet's arm fine

11 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Might as well get it over with now and be ready for spring training 2022. 

You got it

I hope he doesn't need TJ surgery but that seems to be a rite of passage for all these guys anymore

If any pitcher throws 100+ and has never been under the knife, I just assume he’ll miss a year at some point. This is just an inevitability. 

Did Crochet rush his warm ups? Is this a type of injury that happens over time or can it happen all at once?  

8 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Did Crochet rush his warm ups? Is this a type of injury that happens over time or can it happen all at once?  

It usually happens at once.  A pitcher will tell you he either felt it snap or heard it pop.  They know the moment it happens.  That's why i'm optimistic it's a strain or a cramp.  He didn't react like it snapped.  

• Like 4

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

That’s the reporters words right? Not the teams reporting. I’m still holding out hope. 

Yes, Chris Emma should stick with the fucking bears, and leave hot takes like that article to SoxTalk.

#ChicagoCardinalsForever_ChicagoBearsNever

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Amazing a guy like Chapman was able to stay healthy all those years. Seems like very few of these do that throw 98+.

yeah I was the Grinch that stole Christmas suggesting the guy wasn't going to be a starter in another thread.

He didn't even last a month.... hard to throw that hard with a slightly wonky release and endure

Hopefully he is okay

8 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

Its TJS, I’ve just come to terms with it

If it is, it sucks but so be it out side of helping the bull pen most people didn't have him pegged on making the show till mid 2022 at age 23. 

30 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

That’s the reporters words right? Not the teams reporting. I’m still holding out hope. 

yes, the reporter wrote "That injury left the White Sox with significant concerns for the long-term future of a prized pitching prospect"...Long-term future? Of course TJ would be bad news, but nowadays coming back from that surgery 100% healthy is almost certain.  Wouldn't exactly consider one season away for a 21 year old pitcher having a major impact on his long-term future.

7 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

yes, the reporter wrote "That injury left the White Sox with significant concerns for the long-term future of a prized pitching prospect"...Long-term future? Of course TJ would be bad news, but nowadays coming back from that surgery 100% healthy is almost certain.  Wouldn't exactly consider one season away for a 21 year old pitcher having a major impact on his long-term future.

Significant concern for his SHORT-TERM future, yes. Long-term future? nah. Maybe he is throwing 98.5 instead of 101

Just now, lostfan said:

Significant concern for his SHORT-TERM future, yes. Long-term future? nah. Maybe he is throwing 98.5 instead of 101

yes, no doubt short-term.   Many of these guys come back and are able to throw just as hard. 

55 minutes ago, Nokona said:

Renteria also said he said he felt good and wanted to stay in the game

I read/heard that as well. Kind of confusing. If he was serious injured you think the kid would have known immediately? Holding out hope he's not going to need TJ, though it certainly seemed like it's the most likely scenario.