Guess the pitcher we add in the offseason

thxfrthmmrs

29 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Did you not watch the game? Or any games this year? Every name after the first 2 either underperformed significantly, is toast, may be hurt, or is an unknown after not throwing a pitch for 2 years.

I thought Dunning was a pleasant surprise.  For a rookie to not have a loss on the season, have more strikeouts than innings pitched, and an era under 4.  What more can you ask of him?

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yup, Kopech, Cease, & Dunning need to battle for those final two spots.  No way we enter a season with championship ambitions with any of them as our #3 starter.  And as good as Dallas was this year, we should try to bump him down a spot as he’s likely to regress next year.

Absolutely.  That said the only one I know for sure who would push Kuechel down a notch would be Bauer and seems pretty unlikely that happens.  As mentioned, signing Q would be vintage White Sox and this would not move Kuechel down a spot.  I would put the chances for Bauer at about 10%.  Only reason I am not saying 0% is because Bauer has mentioned he is willing to sign a short term deal. JR will never approve a long term deal for a pitcher, but I would imagine the $$$ is way too much than what JR will pay also.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

jfc. I'm doing the embedding for you.

Lol, the irony of her calling someone else delusional.  Only role I would want him to fill with the White Sox now would be to eat innings in games we are behind 3 or 4 runs.  I don't think his wife or he is in any position to tell any team that is willing to give him ANY opportunity whether he is "happy" with how they intend to use him.

35 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ive been using that young pitchers take time argument forever and wanted 2 pitchers in the the off season last year and was constantly shot down here. Everyone thought the shiny new toys could just step right in and contribute just as most wanted to keep the same toys at the trade deadline during the season. SO yea we all saw what happens with young pitchers against the A's.

I wanted starting pitching more than anyone last offseason and that's because we needed it.   Starting pitching wins in the postseason. End of story.  But what good options are out there other than Bauer?  I'm not sold on Stroman.  Offer Bauer 40 for 1 year or 70 for 2?

5 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

I wanted starting pitching more than anyone last offseason and that's because we needed it.   Starting pitching wins in the postseason. End of story.  But what good options are out there other than Bauer?  I'm not sold on Stroman.  Offer Bauer 40 for 1 year or 70 for 2?

I think if you get Bauer he is a big fish  like Wheeler would've been or the guys we didnt go after like Cole and Strasburg ( dodged a bullet there) were. If we land him the 2nd pitcher probably could be a Quintana or Stroman and not many would be upset .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

jfc. I'm doing the embedding for you.

To use her own words she should be thrilled if Rodon can become an "elite reliever". That would mean his endless string of injuries is over and he can make some money instead of ending up being some minor league contract addition when she realizes that nobody is going to take a chance on him starting with that injury history for more than  petty cash. Yes by all means stick by your husband and aim high but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think if you get Bauer he is a big fish  like Wheeler would've been or the guys we didnt go after like Cole and Strasburg ( dodged a bullet there) were. If we land him the 2nd pitcher probably could be a Quintana or Stroman and not many would be upset .

A lot of posters on this board wanted Madbum if we didn't land Wheeler.  I'm glad Hahn didn't do that.  That being said I agree with Bauer.  Especially on a short term deal regardless of the price.  But I'm not as sold on Stroman or Q.

2 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

A lot of posters on this board wanted Madbum if we didn't land Wheeler.  I'm glad Hahn didn't do that.  That being said I agree with Bauer.  Especially on a short term deal regardless of the price.  But I'm not as sold on Stroman or Q.

No it was not a lot, most of us were celebrating when the Dbacks made that sacrifice. 

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

No it was not a lot, most of us were celebrating when the Dbacks made that sacrifice. 

I can repost the old thread if you want. It was not from that long ago.  I said that signing Madbum would be like signing the second coming of James Shields. That offended people.  They were upset that the Dbacks got madbum on the cheap.  Hahn should have offered 100 million to get the deal done. 

4 minutes ago, Good Guys said:

I can repost the old thread if you want. It was not from that long ago.  I said that signing Madbum would be like signing the second coming of James Shields. That offended people.  They were upset that the Dbacks got madbum on the cheap.  Hahn should have offered 100 million to get the deal done. 

you could be right, ill go check. 

4 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Carlos Rodon's reattached left shoulder

Such a shame his career path has been, so talented, so fragile and inconsistent...sucks

2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

I think the Sox have to sign a TOR starter. I would guess either Bauer or Stroman. If they don’t land one of those two than I would look into a trade.

I don't see either, but who knows...I don't think a TOR arm is our most pressing need

1 hour ago, supernuke said:

James Paxton.

That'd be interesting if fairly cheap

8 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Such a shame his career path has been, so talented, so fragile and inconsistent...sucks

I don't see either, but who knows...I don't think a TOR arm is our most pressing need

That'd be interesting if fairly cheap

I am curious what you believe is our most pressing need? My opinion is that without at least someone that can at least pass as a #2 starter any other acquisitions aren't going to matter.