Guess the pitcher we add in the offseason

thxfrthmmrs

6 hours ago, Dominikk85 said:

Hamels is 36 and only pitched 3 innings this year due to a shoulder injury.

He was a fantastic pitcher and still pretty good 2019 but I'm scared of a 36 year old with a shoulder injury. 

As a cheap reclamation project sure but not  as a guy you rely on.

To be honest I just want to be done with this sort of thing. I'm tired of mid-30's coin flips. I realize 1 year deals are sometimes needed to round out the rotation and the older guys tend to fit that mold but I don't think it ever works for us and there have to be slightly younger options available that aren't just injury risks. 

Wasn't Collin McHugh available last year?

Edited by KonerkoFan1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree with this.  I just don’t believe Quintana is plan A unless they plan to pursue a big-time RF like Springer and I don’t see that happening.

I really think they will be limited in budget and will make a starting pitcher priority A.  i think they know they can live with a bad RF way more than they can live without another quality starting pitcher.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree with this.  I just don’t believe Quintana is plan A unless they plan to pursue a big-time RF like Springer and I don’t see that happening.

No but I'd be super happy to get one of Bauer or Stroman and add Q as well. Think that would be about as good a result as we could hope for. 

Edited by KonerkoFan1
Typo

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I really think they will be limited in budget and will make a starting pitcher priority A.  i think they know they can live with a bad RF way more than they can live without another quality starting pitcher.

Could totally see them trading a relief arm for Kole Calhoun.  It’s just so hard to predict anything though with the COVID impact on money.

Edited by fathom

11 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

jfc. I'm doing the embedding for you.

Rodon did a post-game interview after he (unfairly, I will say) was put into the game in Cleveland with bases loaded and blew it. He said it was all on him, and anytime you are called on as a Major Leaguer, you need to get the job done. Now, I know it's an interview, but he did say it. So, ASHLEY, why don't you stop fighting your husband's battles on Twitter (what are you, the US president?) and let him either A) defend himself or B) admit he screwed up (which he actually did, and completely contradicts your asinine tweet).

Bye Felicia!

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Agree.  And there should be ways to add a RF on the cheap that can platoon with Engel and give you league average production.  Adding the best starter possible needs to be the priority when it comes to our resources.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Could totally see them trading a relief arm for Kole Calhoun.  It’s just so hard to predict anything though with the COVID impact on money.

It wouldn't shock me if our biggest moves this winter were trades.  it is so impossible to know what this offseason brings in terms of budget and spending.

6 minutes ago, KonerkoFan1 said:

No but I'd be super happy to get one of Bauer or Stroman and add Q as well. Think that would be about as good a result as we could hope for. 

Quintana is getting a $10M+ per year deal, so I don’t think it’s realistic to expect him in addition to a high-end starter.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

With Jerry Reinsdorf as owner? GTFO. 

This is very common thing for Jerry to do, so maybe get the fuck back in?   Remember Thome?  Contreras? They get these contracts at pennies on the dollar and sending back less value

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I could definitely see us taking on contracts from teams looking to offload salary.

I think that is a definite possibility and I think Kopech might be the sweetener to get a deal done.  Just a feeling I have had for awhile.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Remember taking on Rios’ contract and to a lesser extent Peavy’s?

That didn't happen in a world where fans aren't allowed at full capacity, if at all. 

It wouldn't shock me if they did absolutely nothing but make trades for guys on cheap deals. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That didn't happen in a world where fans aren't allowed at full capacity, if at all. 

It wouldn't shock me if they did absolutely nothing but make trades for guys on cheap deals. 

Dude, don't change this to a covid excuse.  That's fucking lame.  Just own it

Just now, wegner said:

I think that is a definite possibility and I think Kopech might be the sweetener to get a deal done.  Just a feeling I have had for awhile.

I think Kopech only goes if it’s a deal for someone like DeGromm.  But given the size of his contract, I’d rather just sign Baeur and keep Kopech for the back of the rotation.