Really fun season

bmags

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

No one can argue about the foundation they've built. There are probably only 2-3 organizations in baseball right now that wouldn't trade rosters. 

Lot of work to do this offseason, and I don't think anyone has a clue what the budget will be, how aggressive teams will be, etc. 

They need, need, need another reliable starter. At least one. Find a RF too. That's the mission. Get it done. 

The good news for everyone is I am available to give the white Sox my unassailable opinions this offseason (if needed).

• Haha 1

Grateful for baseball during this season. Happy the majority of the core got to get some post season experience and come away looking good. Sox have a great core just need a new skipper at the helm as well as an additional SP and RF. 

Good season from where we were. We ended 13 and 22 against .500 clubs. Turned out Minnesota and Cleveland were meh. Not really sure how good we are, but that is for the off season to decide. We have nothing to be ashamed of and hopefully it gets better. We have a good deal of work to do. Enjoy the offseason. 

5 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Honestly, I'd rather be knocked out by the A's than the Astros.

This team definitely faltered down the stretch, but they don't have anything to be ashamed of with their performance in this series.

Eh. They do, but hopefully they learned how you can't play in the playoffs. You can't make errors, you need to get big hits, you can't walk 8 guys in 5 innings.

Became excited last year with significant strides several on the team made. Several more stepped up in the bullpen, and Dallas Keuchel was a good addition. I hope the core of Abreu, Robert, Moncada, Jimenez and Giolito are able to build on this season, and more pieces can be brought in to give the team the depth it did not have to compete this post-season. Rick Renteria also deserves credit for continued growth and development by the team, he led the White Sox to one of their best seasons ever, and had a good post-season with the players (healthy and injured) at his disposal.

See you all after the next big off-season move, will take a break from reading four weeks (months? years?) of "fire Ricky". Had enough of reading these redundant and at times laughable posts since I joined. 

Cheers!

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Yup.  Grateful for the excitement and the flashes of serious potential in these historically shitty times.  Lots to build on.  We're gonna at minimum be really interesting and actually relevant for at least a few years, which, sadly, would be a first for the history of this franchise.

The 3 weeks where we barely lost were the most fun I've had watching baseball since 05 or 06. In such a short season this team really went through the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. It was fun regardless though.

16 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Yeah, we turned the corner this season, it always felt like a bit of a "house money" season where the wins were more fun than the loses sucked.

Anytime I find myself getting down about yesterday's game I just rewatch that Pantera homerun. Lordy.

Just imagine how it's going to look when he finally hits one 500+ feet. 

It seems like forever ago that they clinched going to the playoffs.  Hell, it seems like a long time ago that Giolito had that perfect game going in game 1.  It sure was a hell of a ride.

When does hot stove talk begin?  I'm looking forward to Bauer rumors. 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

It seems like forever ago that they clinched going to the playoffs.  Hell, it seems like a long time ago that Giolito had that perfect game going in game 1.  It sure was a hell of a ride.

People can officially file for free agency in the days after the world series ends. How this offseason is going to play - my guess remains it will be slow and almost nothing will happen until February - but that's nothing more than a best guess. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, wegner said:

I think talent will go off the board beginning in mid December. 

17 hours ago, Baron said:

Next decade? Glad we aren't getting ahead of ourselves....

How about we make the playoffs in a full 2021 season(maybe) and advanced further? 

How about go be a pessimist in another thread 

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I think talent will go off the board beginning in mid December. 

I will be here to watch it go off the board and hopefully some of it come our way.

"Did he just call himself the talent?"....Had to repeat one of my favorite lines from Groundhog Day :lol:

• Haha 1