Offseason Targets

soxfan49

Just now, Dick Allen said:

With Robert in CF and Engel on the bench for the late innings, I am not too concerned the nextp Sox RF is gold glove quality.

I'd rather them not have -20 to -30 runs in the two outfield positions. 

18 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

That's why I think he's a buy-low candidate, but I know the Red Sox aren't at a point of selling low on him yet

Tired of this team “buying low” and dumpster diving. With the roster we have and the cap room Rick Hahn has created by locking everyone up Jerry should have no issues opening up the pocket book. Covid or no Covid.

4 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Frank is saying he is betting Sox bring back McCann Garcia and Colome from our potential free agent lists

Garcia will get his option picked up. Maybe you can give Colome a QO, but I think he'll get a big contract from another team given just how good he was this year.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Garcia will get his option picked up. Maybe you can give Colome a QO, but I think he'll get a big contract from another team given just how good he was this year.

I would let Colome walk, his stats were deceiving this season. 

11 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Well your mind changed then. Weren't you pounding the table for him even into early September?

The guy ended the year with an OPS below .790. Big deal

Because the team showed they can hit LHP and really need better at bats against RHP

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I would let Colome walk, his stats were deceiving this season. 

I think they were deceiving last year. But his peripherals and hit data were much better this year. His exit velos and hard hit % improved dramatically. He doesn't strike out a bunch of guys, but he does induce weak contact.

We could have had Ozuna on a fair deal this past off-season, but now he's probably gonna command a big contract after the year he just had.

But it all depends on how COVID affects the free agent market.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, chw42 said:

They are not guaranteeing Colome $18 million this offseason.

Don't pay Colome what some other club is going to. Someone will pay him. Transition a home grown into the role (depending on injury status).

Make Bauer tell you no, priority 1, 2 and 3.

NO to Castellanos. Gracious...no no no. Peterson will be here I"m guessing.

Try to bring McCann back, but guessing he gets an offer to be more of a role, somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

Don't pay Colome what some other club is going to. QO him, and let that be that. Someone will pay him. Transition a home grown into the role (depending on injury status).

Make Bauer tell you no, priority 1, 2 and 3.

NO to Castellanos. Gracious...no no no. Peterson will be here I"m guessing.

Try to bring McCann back, but guessing he gets an offer to be more of a role, somewhere.

McCann is long gone. Just read his comments today saying how he enjoyed his time here.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

McCann is long gone. Just read his comments today saying how he enjoyed his time here.

Probably for the best, if we're being honest. The cracks show, when he has to take on a bigger role, and the cost associated for him, to be 'second catcher' isn't worth it. There are guys like Vaughn (and to a much lesser extent, Collins), that can DH/1st/etc in the rotation.

Personally, I don't think Collins will ever do anything at this level. I think he will be out of the organization within 2 or 3 years, but we will see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Capn12 said:

Probably for the best, if we're being honest. The cracks show, when he has to take on a bigger role, and the cost associated for him, to be 'second catcher' isn't worth it. There are guys like Vaughn (and to a much lesser extent, Collins), that can DH/1st/etc in the rotation.

Personally, I don't think Collins will ever do anything at this level. I think he will be out of the organization within 2 or 3 years, but we will see.

I think they bring in a new back-up catcher. Collins is traded IMO

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic