Offseason Targets

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yep. This team needs to land it’s big fish one way or another this offseason. Enough of 2nd place bids, whether that’s via trade or free agency. Now is the time to strike. 

He didn’t exactly pan out, but when Cubs were in same spot as Sox after 2015, they went out and got Heyward and weren’t afraid to shake things up and get Zobrist.  I hope Hahn hasn’t fallen in love with the prospects.

Just now, Capn12 said:

Are you ok with Joc, IF we somehow, through a major miracle, convinced Bauer to be here? Joc isn't really someone I want, but I'd be ok with it, if it meant a real #1 added to the rotation.

And I say that, knowing that there really is no shot this organization goes and gets Bauer.

Yes absolutely.  

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He didn’t exactly pan out, but when Cubs were in same spot as Sox after 2015, they went out and got Heyward and weren’t afraid to shake things up and get Zobrist.  I hope Hahn hasn’t fallen in love with the prospects.

You're not going with the strong sell here are you?

Q was absolutely one of my favorite players when he was here but if he is our only starting pitching acquisition I will be very disappointed.  

Bauer has to be the #1 priority target in the offseason imho.

I would also like them to get some veteran arms for the bullpen.

Mazara had good at bats late in the season and the postseason.  I think he is back next year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

SP - Quintana and I'd love to see the FO land Bauer
RF - Brantley / Trade / Jackie Bradley Jr. / Pederson < in that order
C - Re-sign McCann if its a depressed market if not move on.

Try to continue to lock up the core and add additional depth you can keep at AAA.

Let Bummer takeover closing and the kids sort themselves out if more help is needed, move pieces at the deadline. 

Anderson
Moncada#
Abreu
Jimenez
Grandal#
Robert
Vaughn
Brantley*
Madrigal

Collins*
Garcia#
Mendick 
Engel

Bauer
Kechel*
Giolito
Quintana*
Dunning

Bummer*
Heuer
Foster
Marshall
Crochet*
Cordero
Fry*
Burdi

If rosters are expanded to 27 re-sign Sanchez

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I actually really hope Hahn doesn’t go out and hand a huge contract to an underperforming player.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team will not win without another rock solid starting pitcher. If this means you have to go out on the trade market to acquire one so be it. 

I think you need to go all in now with the expectation of having a 3 year window. The White Sox don’t have endless financial resources but they should be able to push a $150 million payroll over the next 3 years. Here is what I would do if I was GM -

• Trade for Lindor and extend contract, move TA to LF. Looking at the package BOS got for Betts I think the price for Lindor would be less than what LAD paid. 
  • Sign Springer
  • Sign Stroman
  • Acquire TOR arm for a package built around Vaughn

This lineup would be the best in baseball:

1. TA
  2. Lindor
  3. Robert
  4. Abreu 
  5. Moncada  
  6. Jimenez - Permanent DH 
  7. Springer
  8. Grandal
  9. Madigral

Rotation would look like: 

1. Giolito
  2. TOR acquired via trade
  3. DK
  4. Stroman
  5. One of the remaining arms you didn't trade (Kopech, Dunning, Cease)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

sThis team will not win without another rock solid starting pitcher. If this means you have to go out on the trade market to acquire one so be it. 

Need 2 more good starters. We have Giolito and Keuchel. Maybe Kopech/Cease/Dunning can fill the #5 spot.

Bauer and Stroman or trade for someone like Gallen/Bundy

1 minute ago, LeeElia said:

I think you need to go all in now with the expectation of having a 3 year window. The White Sox don’t have endless financial resources but they should be able to push a $150 million payroll over the next 3 years. Here is what I would do if I was GM -

• Trade for Lindor and extend contract, move TA to LF. Looking at the package BOS got for Betts I think the price for Lindor would be less than what LAD paid. 
  • Sign Springer
  • Sign Stroman
  • Acquire TOR arm for a package built around Vaughn

This lineup would be the best in baseball:

1. TA
  2. Lindor
  3. Robert
  4. Abreu 
  5. Moncada  
  6. Jimenez - Permanent DH 
  7. Springer
  8. Grandal
  9. Madigral

Rotation would look like: 

1. Giolito
  2. TOR acquired via trade
  3. DK
  4. Stroman
  5. One of the remaining arms you didn't trade (Kopech, Dunning, Cease)

lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LeeElia said:

Thank you for sharing. Any other thoughts? Sox have the assets in prospect capital and dollars. 

Who are we trading for Lindor? 

Will team be okay being bumped from SS after playing very well? 

Vaughn plus who for that TOR arm after trading for Lindor? 

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Dare I say it? Trade for Jason Heyward. Won’t cost much of anything other than $$$ and he’s hit righties well the last two seasons.

No way. He was good this year in a short season but otherwise hasn't been a good hitter since 2015, he's 31, and we'd be paying him through his age 35 season.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Who are we trading for Lindor? 

Will team be okay being bumped from SS after playing very well? 

Vaughn plus who for that TOR arm after trading for Lindor? 

I think TA wants to win and Lindor is a better SS.

Vaughn + Kopech easily gets you Gallen. 

Dunning + controllable BP arm + lottery ticket Adolfo / Sheets probably gets you Lindor. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

No way. He was good this year in a short season but otherwise hasn't been a good hitter since 2015, he's 31, and we'd be paying him through his age 35 season.

How do you figure? He just turned 31 and he’s only signed for three more seasons. Paid thru age 33 season...

He’s got about $72M remaining. Have Cubs pick up $15-$20M and we’ll give them a nobody like we did in the Mazara deal.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

How do you figure? He just turned 31 and he’s only signed for three more seasons. Paid thru age 33 season...

Yeah, you're right. I can't read.

Still don't want to pay him $21-22 mil/yr for ~ 1.9 WAR/yr.

• bmags locked this topic