Offseason Targets

soxfan49

11 hours ago, iWiN4PreP said:

IDK, I'm not thrilled with Quintana/Stroman/Keuchel.

What about a realistic trade here: Us going after Lance Lynn and Joey Gallo? 

Texas should be rebuilding and has no need for assets that are quickly turning into free agents. It should not cost us an exuberant amount of pieces.

For us, we get a much needed top starter in Lynn and a Left handed batting corner outfielder that adds a ton to our line up with his high OBP and insane power. I'm a big Gallo fan and that to me would be significantly better than most other options in the OF.

Joey Gallo high OBP? His career OBP is .009 higher than Nomar Mazara’s.

37 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Joey Gallo high OBP? His career OBP is .009 higher than Nomar Mazara’s.

Yeh, I thought his OBP was higher based off of 2019's .389. I guess that AVG of his really brings it down. I'm still a big proponent of his!

Realistic and productive offseason:

1) trade a package of prospects for Lance Lynn (1 yr left at $9.3M)

2) trade ReyLo plus prospects for Tauchman (NYY LH OF)

3) sign Quintana

4) re-sign Colome

Create playing time for Vaughn, Collins

Dump K's of EE, GG, Rodon, Cishek

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Realistic and productive offseason:

1) trade a package of prospects for Lance Lynn (1 yr left at $9.3M)

2) trade ReyLo plus prospects for Tauchman (NYY LH OF)

3) sign Quintana and Eloy spread over 2 trades 

4) re-sign Colome

Create playing time for Vaughn, Collins

Dump K's of EE, GG, Rodon, Cishek

I would question what prospects  you are including especially since Reylo's value may be limited after this year. The Sox top 5 prospects are Vaughn -Kopech-Madrigal -Crochet and Dunning.  I love Lynn but he is going to require at least 1 top 5 ( and you must be keeping Vaughn) unless Eloy could be included. I don't think Kopech ( health questions and Crochet ( talent ) are available so the Top 5 is dwindling. Maybe Cease,  Dunning,  Eloy + would be feasible

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I would question what prospects  you are including especially since Reylo's value may be limited after this year. The Sox top 5 prospects are Vaughn -Kopech-Madrigal -Crochet and Dunning.  I love Lynn but he is going to require at least 1 top 5 ( and you must be keeping Vaughn) unless Eloy could be included. I don't think Kopech ( health questions and Crochet ( talent ) are available so the Top 5 is dwindling. Maybe Cease,  Dunning,  Eloy + would be feasible

For one year of Lance Lynn?? K.

The Rangers wanted a haul for Mike Minor last year and weren't satisfied with offers, ended up settling for two PTBNLs and some cash for him at this year's trade deadline. They wanted a haul for Lynn this year, didn't get it either. Some team might be stupid enough to meet their ridiculous trade standard, but it shouldn't be what you're suggesting.

One year. Of Lance Lynn. And you want to trade the farm. Thank god they didn't answer your letter.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I think you need a package of 3 prospects from the system. Headline prospect being someone like Steiver along with Mercedes and Rutherford or players of that ilk.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Lance Lynn really limped home in 2020. His FIP was 4.19. The Rangers aren't going to get more for him than they turned down at the deadline. Only less. They blew it.

I don't disagree. I think a package headed by Steiver might turn it and despite his late season struggles, he would be a nice addition to the rotation.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Did you hit your head on a tree branch last night?

This might not be popular but I would dangle Eloy for a T-O-R starter and would target Corbin Burnes/Brewers. Baseball Trade Values weights them almost equal in trade value although not sure if Brewers would bite.  

Eloy for Burnes?  What is this board coming to....

This might not be popular but I would dangle Eloy for a T-O-R starter and would target Corbin Burnes/Brewers. Baseball Trade Values weights them almost equal in trade value although not sure if Brewers would bite.  

Nope nope nope. Eloy is going to be one of it not the best hitters in baseball soon enough!!!!! Never that

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, striker said:

These three pitchers have similar career numbers and are talked about very differently. One hasn't really been considered as much as the other two.

Age, IP, WAR
29, 849, 15.8
29, 985, 15.0
29, 1190, 19.9

ok so who are they

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Stroman
Gausman
Bauer

Gausman has been surprisingly comparable to the other two.

I love using stats in the way you did here but with all due respect it just doesn't make sense when you talk about a guy like Bauer.

Bauer has proven that he has another level, a level of being the best in the league. He's done so on multiple occasions now. His worst enemy seems to be he tinkers himself out of it.

Stroman has very little potential left. He's a serviceable arm, but signing him you hope/expect for him to make it through the year with a 3.7ish era. Gaussman has some potential, but hasn't realized it yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Lance Lynn really limped home in 2020. His FIP was 4.19. The Rangers aren't going to get more for him than they turned down at the deadline. Only less. They blew it.

Ownership wouldn't let them make trades.  They have a new big expensive ballpark to pay for and actually think Lynn and Gallo will help sell tickets next season.  

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Is this a Rangers fan trolling?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Eloy for Burnes?  What is this board coming to....

Burnes...2.1 ERA; 2.03 FIP; 1.0 WHIP; 13.3 K/9 ; 2.4 WAR; 4 yrs of control. FWIW, unlikely Brewers would entertain it but lets not pretend its unreasonable. 

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

What in the holiest of all Hells. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Ownership wouldn't let them make trades.  They have a new big expensive ballpark to pay for and actually think Lynn and Gallo will help sell tickets next season.  

Yeah I'm sure the FO wanted to trade him but you can't go full tank in the first year of a new stadium or Fans would be really pissed. 

Since next year is really the first year the stadium is used (with fans) the rangers will at least pretend they compete next season to sell some tickets. 

I think they will really blow it up at the deadline and trade Gallo, Lynn and others since season tickets are sold at this point, that is if there are fans at all, if there are no fans they might blow it up earlier and sell in early may. 

12 minutes ago, Flash said:

Burnes...2.1 ERA; 2.03 FIP; 1.0 WHIP; 13.3 K/9 ; 2.4 WAR; 4 yrs of control. FWIW, unlikely Brewers would entertain it but lets not pretend its unreasonable. 

It's insanely unreasonable when you look at their careers instead of a 60 game season. It's laughable. 4 years of control for a pitcher who had one great year for 8 years of control of a (most league agrees) soon to be top bat

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

• bmags locked this topic