Offseason Targets

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm going to be fascinated to see where Hand goes on waivers, but way more fascinated if no team picks up the $10 mill as that is going to be a pretty big insight into what kind of winter we're looking at

Deep down, that's exactly what I'm expecting. 

If they thought someone was going to jump at that contract, they would have traded him.

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm going to be fascinated to see where Hand goes on waivers, but way more fascinated if no team picks up the $10 mill as that is going to be a pretty big insight into what kind of winter we're looking at

Britton's contract of $14mill was picked up by the Yanks so you gotta think, at the very least, a big market team will claim him.

2 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Britton's contract of $14mill was picked up by the Yanks so you gotta think, at the very least, a big market team will claim him.

Not many are in position to, though. I guess boston is the one I'm most confused about.

5 hours ago, bmags said:

There you go, he's cleared the whole league.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

do not want him, going to be 37 very soon and injury prone

It's a one year gamble and gives us time for some of our young guys to develop.  Worse that happens is he pitches like a #5.  Best is he could contend for our #2.  He very likely is appreciatively better than whatever Q will give us.

11 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

do not want him, going to be 37 very soon and injury prone

33 minutes ago, Orlando said:

He’s waving bye to him because he knows that no one will pay him what he’s worth and he’ll retire lol

16 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Yeah that's a possibility as well lol. 

This year I think that’s 100% true. If Brad Hand is a top 5 reliever in the AL and no one will pay him $10 million, then Morton isn’t going to get the kind of money that will make him come back...especially if the league has no idea what it will look like in April yet. 

Of course if he really liked both Hinch and Keuchel he might have helped them out for a year, but....

Sports Illustrated listed the top 50 free agents and has us as “best fits” for Brad Hand and Ozuna.

If that was our free agent pool and we traded for two starting pitchers, I could be happy.

It won’t go down that way though, more likely than not.

21 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Sports Illustrated listed the top 50 free agents and has us as “best fits” for Brad Hand and Ozuna.

If that was our free agent pool and we traded for two starting pitchers, I could be happy.

It won’t go down that way though, more likely than not.

I don’t think the Sox are interested in Hand. They could have claimed him at a decent price today with no competition. I would love Ozuna but Nightengale mentioned Brantley and Morton. I think he has proven he has his hand on the pulse of the White Sox.

9 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I don’t think the Sox are interested in Hand. They could have claimed him at a decent price today with no competition. I would love Ozuna but Nightengale mentioned Brantley and Morton. I think he has proven he has his hand on the pulse of the White Sox.

Sox want a lefty hitting outfielder and also want more contact hitting on the team. If their scouts believe he can play RF, I would be shocked if the Sox don’t sign him.

11 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Hopefully Morton wouldn’t take the Sox out of the Bauer/Stroman sweepstakes 

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Sox want a lefty hitting outfielder and also want more contact hitting on the team. If their scouts believe he can play RF, I would be shocked if the Sox don’t sign him.

What about Brantley at DH? I think he’s a fit either way. You can do a Eloy, Brantley, Vaughn, Abreu cycle of LF, DH and 1B. Or you can trade Vaughn for a SP.

Edited by Orlando

24 minutes ago, fathom said:

I like Brantley but I don't think he can hold up in RF personally. He's LF/DH only for me and they don't really need that after Vaughn is ready 

2 hours ago, Orlando said:

What about Brantley at DH? I think he’s a fit either way. You can do a Eloy, Brantley, Vaughn, Abreu cycle of LF, DH and 1B. Or you can trade Vaughn for a SP.

Can I ask you a question.? Why in the fuck are we going to trade Vaugh? His name keeps coming up on this site for a trade and I don’t get it. He is NOT getting traded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, SoxSteve said:

Can I ask you a question.? Why in the fuck are we going to trade Vaugh? His name keeps coming up on this site for a trade and I don’t get it. He is NOT getting traded. 

Sure you can ask me a question. Why not? He should not be untouchable in the right trade. I’m glad you know the future, let me borrow your crystal ball.

Edited by Orlando
  • Haha 1

• bmags locked this topic