Offseason Targets

soxfan49

32 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Thanks for posting the tweets Orlando! I was going to do it last night but didn’t. He does seem legit with the information he has.

Thanks for introducing us to him. He seems like he's not trying to get notoriety. He just posts info lol

12 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Thanks for introducing us to him. He seems like he's not trying to get notoriety. He just posts info lol

we'll see what happens now that the thirsty soxtalk fanbase has caught on.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

Your welcome! I love hunting up stuff on twitter and the internet until my fingers fall off. 😂 If I find anything else, I will be sure to share.

Edited by maloney.adam

4 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

While that would be nice, despite his high OBP this year, the lack of power, the weak defense, and outright bad base running left him a 0 WAR player. So, if he can’t fix the power part, he has to dramatically improve the other two. Normally I’d have said “he’s a rookie in a screwed up year with some injuries”, but this kid was supposed to be so highly polished out of college that I don’t think we get to use that excuse for him, he was supposed to be nearly finished.

He had some blunders in a strange season. Even if he had running into outs dating back to college those things could be toned down through proper coaching and better situational awareness. Defense and base running are two things that aren’t uncommon for rookies to struggle in and generally improves over time. Based on scouting report, Madrigal has the tools to be able to eventually be above average or plus in those areas. What’s encouraging is his bat control and contact skills are as good advertised, and those aren’t skills that would see a lot of improvement over time.

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Like I've said, I have no reason to use a burner. There's nothing stopping me from reporting what I think I've heard credibly. That account is either really good and stealing info or knows someone though because I've heard lots of those same things over time. 

Hey Jimmy, I was joking by the way lol. I think Portillos is officially a legend.

12 hours ago, Orlando said:

Saving these here just in case any of these come true. Maybe Portillos Hamburger just guessed Bummers extension. These will tell us if he/she is a legend or not lol

It is an interesting page.  It well written, so it doesn't set off the immediate red flags of being too dumb to be believable.  Someone worth keeping an eye on.  Some other interesting posts were how the Sox had extension offers on the table for Giolito last year at 5/45 with options, and an early 5/26 on the board for ReyLo.

I'm all for the Sox taking a flyer on Chris Archer if its not too expensive. Should be healthy again and probably better than 2018.

I would imagine numbness in his fingers had to affect his command. He would probably want to play for the Sox if all else is equal.

Just now, zisk said:

I'm all for the Sox taking a flyer on Chris Archer if its not too expensive. Should be healthy again and probably better than 2018.

I would imagine numbness in his fingers had to affect his command. He would probably want to play for the Sox if all else is equal.

I like Chris Archer as well for the reason you mentioned, and also just the results we've seen from some studs/future studs after they leave Pittsburgh. My pick for a bounce back candidate.

20 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Someone explain this meme to me. What is he trying to say?

I read it as NotSteve suggesting that He is the master and Portillo is the apprentice.  Which is pretty laughable after how wrong he has been lately.  

The fact that he tweeted it right after Soxtalk discovered Portillo is pretty telling too.

8 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I read it as NotSteve suggesting that He is the master and Portillo is the apprentice.  Which is pretty laughable after how wrong he has been lately.  

The fact that he tweeted it right after Soxtalk discovered Portillo is pretty telling too.

Lol A+ troll job but he’s full of it

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic