Offseason Targets

soxfan49

30 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Ummm do the players that still have qualifying offers know that they have 30 minutes to either accept or reject the offers? We haven’t heard any news on this yet. 

Everyone has accepted or declined by now. We were only waiting on Gausman.

Edited by manbearpuig

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Lets just keep Dylan Cease and Lopez in the lineup. Come on guys it's what you all wanted at the deadline. What's another year of it? We can sacrifice another playoff run for the greater good. 

I promise you they both won’t be in the rotation to start the year unless there are a lot of injuries.

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I promise you they both won’t be in the rotation to start the year unless there are a lot of injuries.

Why not? Were going to be competitive until 2026 right? So what's another year of the same rotation getting guys experience/shelled in the playoffs. We have plenty of time. 

4 hours ago, fathom said:

Why? Who do you see in the starting rotation next year. Other than Giolitto and Dallas, I say that right now its a cat fight for the other three spots. It is teh major reason why I feel that they need to go hard after a top of the rotation type starting pitcher along with a end of the rotation veteran also.

12 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Why? Who do you see in the starting rotation next year. Other than Giolitto and Dallas, I say that right now its a cat fight for the other three spots. It is teh major reason why I feel that they need to go hard after a top of the rotation type starting pitcher along with a end of the rotation veteran also.

Gio, Keuchel, Free Agent, Dunning, Kopech....simply not enough spots in the rotation. Honestly wouldn’t be shocked in both cease and Lopez are not on the Whitesox next season and they bring in someone via trade as well.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Puig is being sued for sexual assault. They better not even think about it.

Yeah, up to this point, I'd been supportive of taking a flier on Puig. But, I cant on the one hand want Boston to lose his fvkcing job, and on the other hand, still want Puig here.

On top of this, I would ordinarily want to see how this lawsuit resolves itself before deciding on Puig, given its curious nature. (IOW, why not pursue this through the criminal process; it would seem the more logical venue, based on the accusations being leveled.) Also, there is no way the statute of limitations is up on this sort of allegation, so why not have LA County press charges? 

But, because a sentimental octogenarian just NEEDS to have a drunk for a manager, AND has an alleged sexual assailant as 1st base coach, I don't think this org can do this, even IF these accusations against Puig end up being untrue.

And this is a shame, because I believe we should allow for 2nd chances. (In terms of Puig not having reached his potential with LAD.)

Edited by Two-Gun Pete
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Gio, Keuchel, Free Agent, Dunning, Kopech....simply not enough spots in the rotation. Honestly wouldn’t be shocked in both cease and Lopez are not on the Whitesox next season and they bring in someone via trade as well.

I'd bet a lot of nickels right now that Kopech has less chance of being a starting pitcher than Cease does. personally, I think that his future is as a reliever if that. Kopech's  problem is what is between his ears and that scared me ever since I looked into this guy after they signed him. As for Dunning, there is no guarantee that he will settle into the starting rotation either. He still is unproven as the others are. 

The choice of a good pitching coach, to me, is equally as important these days as that of a manager. This is another reson why I lean toward hiring Bochey or Alomar as their manager and have him bring in whoever they trust to develop the great young arms that they have.

14 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

I'd bet a lot of nickels right now that Kopech has less chance of being a starting pitcher than Cease does. personally, I think that his future is as a reliever if that. Kopech's  problem is what is between his ears and that scared me ever since I looked into this guy after they signed him. As for Dunning, there is no guarantee that he will settle into the starting rotation either. He still is unproven as the others are. 

The choice of a good pitching coach, to me, is equally as important these days as that of a manager. This is another reson why I lean toward hiring Bochey or Alomar as their manager and have him bring in whoever they trust to develop the great young arms that they have.

In my opinion Dunning has a spot In the rotation on lock down. He showed more poise and control than Cease ever has in a Sox uniform

• Like 1

Several months ago, the White Sox were in Spring Training receiving high praise, while the Bulls were the laughing stock of the NBA. Who would have thought that before the year ended, a complete role reversal would occur. 

The Chicago Bulls became a destination for high profile executives, coaches, and free agents. Meanwhile, the Chicago White Sox are now considered the laughing stock of MLB, a team free agents openly shun due to their deplorable leadership.

I doubt any players with legitimate options elsewhere will want to play in this most toxic work environment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Several months ago, the White Sox were in Spring Training receiving high praise, while the Bulls were the laughing stock of the NBA. Who would have thought that before the year ended, a complete role reversal would occur. 

The Chicago Bulls became a destination for high profile executives, coaches, and free agents. Meanwhile, the Chicago White Sox are now considered the laughing stock of MLB, a team free agents openly shun due to their deplorable leadership.

I doubt any players with legitimate options elsewhere will want to play in this most toxic work environment.

Whoa. I get your point, but that’s quite the leap. Let’s wait until a high profile free agent (not past his prime) actually signs with the Bulls. 

Edited by Sox72
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sox72 said:

Whoa. I get your point, but that’s quite the leap. Let’s wait until a high profile free agent (not past his prime) actually signs with the Bulls. 

I think it's probably likely they'll definitely be considered a little bit more this time around. Their front office is well built and they have one of the more liked head coaches in the league. It'll happen. 

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Isn't there another thread for this type of thing?  Do we need to have this everywhere?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I get your point but wow jumping off the cliff already? It’s only November 12th so relax! So far only one free agent has publicly come out and said that he doesn’t want to play for the Sox and most likely its because he wanted to go back to the Mets anyways. We still have a young promising team.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Baron said:

I think it's probably likely they'll definitely be considered a little bit more this time around. Their front office is well built and they have one of the more liked head coaches in the league. It'll happen. 

I like the optimism, so I’ll blindly choose to share in it. That is, after all, what being a sports fan is. Fingers hesitantly crossed. 

• bmags locked this topic