Offseason Targets

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Dam8610 said:

My plan would still be Bauer, 2nd tier starter, 2 top tier relievers, and Joc Pederson. Ray was my original choice on second tier starter, now...Quintana? Kluber? I'd prefer a backend LHSP that can be moved to the pen if the young talent shows out.

I’ve still yet to hear anyone suggest they will be a serious contender for Bauer

Just now, fathom said:

I’ve still yet to hear anyone suggest they will be a serious contender for Bauer

That's disappointing. The FO has rarely pursued my desired course of action, though, so it's not surprising. Sometimes that has worked out well, sometimes it hasn't.

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ok.  So sign one of Bauer and Springer. 

If you sign Bauer, supplement with Joc/JBJ + Quintana.

If you sign Springer, supplement with two of Tanaka/Quintana/Paxton/Walker/Odorizzi/Minor.  Or trade for a SP that doesn't require creating a hole in the 21-27 lineup like moving any of Madrigal/Vaughn/Kopech/Cease/Dunning/Crochet would do.  

The Sox don't have to trade major prospects to put a championship level team on the field in 2021.  

They're not trading Vaughn or Crochet and thise other "holes" are easily filled.  

• Haha 2

who cares if it's fake or not, it's throwing out names that are players in baseball and we can discuss whether we'd want them, would trade for them, etc. There isn't anything else going on beside our manager risking people's lives. Fake insiders >> TLR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Lynn for Grandal.  Texas gets better and it looks like they are not going to go full rebuild.

Sox can go after Realmuto and Springer with McCann as a backup plan.

Definitely don't want to trade Stiever.  I am okay with trading Dunning but I think Stiever is the biggest overachiever candidate in the group and i am least worried about him heathwise.  Good chance he turns into an MLB #3 or better.  I'd almost rather trade Cease but I still dont want to trade Cease.

Lets just throw the most money at Bauer (I know it wont happen).

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, fathom said:

I don’t disagree, but he hopefully has some value. I’ll be honest though, his stock is way down for me after seeing him.

I don't think he was fully healthy. I've read that his bread and butter was the 97 MPH high fastball and he was pumping 92. It was weird

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I don't think he was fully healthy. I've read that his bread and butter was the 97 MPH high fastball and he was pumping 92. It was weird

Couldn’t agree more that he wasn’t healthy. I’m sure you saw me questioning what the heck happened to his stuff. People swore the Sox wouldn’t pitch him unless he was totally healthy.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t disagree, but he hopefully has some value. I’ll be honest though, his stock is way down for me after seeing him.

IIRC his 2nd and 3rd innings in his first game were great.  

The reports on him were excellent.  Seeing him only made me more of a believer.  Clearly he has work to do but lets not get stupid about a guy who split 2019 in A ball teams and was still developing before the pandemic shut him down.  I mean come on in a years time he went from low a to MLB.  Theres a reason for that.  Sox could have always gone to one of the myriad fringe arms but they went to him.

Trust the previous reports. 

• bmags locked this topic