Offseason Targets

soxfan49

Just now, Balta1701 said:

He only gets his up if more than one team plays for it. There’s no real reason they can’t put 1/$15 on the table today and wait until February if no one else comes in.

Yeah I'm sure the market is really small for Trevor. He's taking a multi year deal from someone. 

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It did seem to improve some later in the year, but I do think they should get some different padding for the wall in LF and down the line. He may kill himself.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Where are you going with this?

I might as well answer both in the same post. Move Eloy to DH to help Vaughn get acclimated to hitting and to show him how it’s done in the majors. I have this gut feeling he’s injury prone if we keep putting him in the outfield. Sign Springer to play one of the corner outfield positions. Than Leury/Engel can play the other one or you sign Joc and keep Leury/Engel on the bench. There’s many possibilities the Sox can entertain.

Edited by maloney.adam

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I might as well answer both in the same post. Move him to DH to help Vaughn get acclimated to hitting and to show him how it’s done in the majors. I have this gut feeling he’s injury prone if we keep putting him in the outfield. Sign Springer to play one of the corner outfield positions. Than Leury/Engel can play the other one or you sign Joc and keep Leury/Engel on the bench.

How does moving Eloy to Vaughn’s position help Vaughn get acclimated to hitting?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I might as well answer both in the same post. Move him to DH to help Vaughn get acclimated to hitting and to show him how it’s done in the majors. I have this gut feeling he’s injury prone if we keep putting him in the outfield. Sign Springer to play one of the corner outfield positions. Than Leury/Engel can play the other one or you sign Joc and keep Leury/Engel on the bench.

The plan would be to sign Springer and go with an OF of Eloy-Robert-George in 2021.  Hopefully we also sign Colas with him entering the OF mix come 2022 / 2023 and allowing Eloy to eventually be our DH once Jose is gone.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t know when you became Balta, but the transformation truly is fascinating.

La Russa working for the White Sox does not have any impact whatsoever on his chances of killing a person.  You guys keep trying to argue this and it’s absolutely ridiculous.  You are not saving lives by demanding his removal and the team isn’t aiding in the potential murder of an innocent person by employing him.  Tony La Russa will continue to drink & drive regardless if he’s a member of the White Sox or not.

And who is ignoring “innocent victims of DUI” here exactly?  I want La Russa gone as much as anyone for his actions and I have emailed the White Sox stating just that.  Jerry keeping him employed minimizes the dangers of what he did and is offensive to those who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers.  But I’m also aware that trying to force their hand by hurting their bottom line may not be effective in driving a change and may have ancillary impacts.  Again, you aren’t saving any lives by threatening their sponsors, so it comes down to satisfying your moral compass over the potential ramifications to others.  I’m not even saying what you’re doing is wrong, just that I hope you’re thinking about the broader implications and the likelihood of success.  You may not like the word “cancel culture” but it’s a real thing and it can oftentimes have very ugly consequences.

if TLR doesn't change that is on him.  Tony can do whatever he can do. 

But the White Sox directly enabling his behavior includes them in the responsibility for anything bad that happens.  You can't separate that out as well it doesn't matter what we do, he is going to do what he wants anyway, but lay direct responsibility for layoffs not on Jerry, but on someone who takes exception to that action and is willing to take action.  Why isn't that also the direct responsibility of the person taking the action?  After all I didn't fire that person, JR would. Why isn't that Jerry's responsibility?  After all, I have no employees, so by that logic, I have no impact at all on firing people. Why does JR seemingly not gain responsibility for anything in these scenarios?

And where does the line happen here?  What level of horrible person are you willing to not protest if it helps the team win games? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The plan would be to sign Springer and go with an OF of Eloy-Robert-George in 2021.  Hopefully we also sign Colas with him entering the OF mix come 2022 / 2023 and allowing Eloy to eventually be our DH once Jose is gone.

I endorse this message....as long as there is $$ left over to sign Bauer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

How does moving Eloy to Vaughn’s position help Vaughn get acclimated to hitting?

I don’t know maybe they feel that Vaughn is not ready to be a full time DH or player yet in the majors but they want to give him AB’s. Just throwing it out there for debate. 

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know maybe they feel that Vaughn is not ready to be a full time DH or player yet in the majors but they want to give him AB’s. Just throwing it out there for debate. 

Sticking a top prospect on the bench with less than half a season of minor league at bats on his resume would be terrible. They would be better off letting him get every day reps in the minors.

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t know maybe they feel that Vaughn is not ready to be a full time DH or player yet in the majors. Just throwing it out there for debate. 

Vaughn needs to be in the lineup full time, whatever level he winds up to start next year.  

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Time for an Al’s Beef tweet...

In a strange twist, Chicago White Sox is Al’s Beef. You sent this and I open Twitter and BAM!

😂 unless it’s Adam trolling 😂

Edited by Orlando
  • Haha 1

Just now, bmags said:

Rockies trading Marquez to infuse their expensive, weak hitting offense for Nick Madrigal is just the rockies kind of move I need.

And then I guess they ship Brendan Rodgers to the ...outfield

I don't see it happening either but I think the idea is that Arenado is traded (Dodgers/Mets) and/or (likely "and") Story walks in FA after the season

7 minutes ago, Orlando said:

In a strange twist, Chicago White Sox is Al’s Beef. You sent this and I open Twitter and BAM!

😂 unless it’s Adam trolling 😂

No I’m not trolling. I’m thinking it’s another poster here though because he follows Not Steve Cishek. 😂

Edited by maloney.adam

• bmags locked this topic