Offseason Targets

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Saufley said:

If it is Springer, how much money and how long of a contract does the 31 year old get?

5/$100 probably the baseline but I'd bet the over.  But tough to know for sure what teams are going to do. 

Funny segment at the end of Laurence Holmes covering Jeff Passan’s interview about breaking the DUI story, including speculation regarding Twitter posters @wetbut23 and @Mr.Sugar(male anatomy) as Passan’s DUI source, and whether it was in house or not. 

Coupled with all the Twitter banter here with random Chicago chain fast food IDs, very amusing day and much needed after the debacle. 

That Twitter World be cray cray, but keep’em coming.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

0f87522f-39eb-4d53-bad1-e6aab39a7059

Funny segment at the end of Laurence Holmes covering Jeff Passan’s interview, including speculation regarding Twitter posters @wetbut23 and @Mr.Sugar(male anatomy) as Passan’s DUI source, and whether it was in house or not. Coupled with all the Twitter banter here with random Chicago chain fast food IDs, very amusing day and much needed after the debacle. 

I agree, the Twitter world is hilarious

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

Is Springer complimentary? I’m going on memory but doesn’t he strike out quite a bit too? Obviously a great player but is that a good use of $ on a team like the Sox?

Bauer & Springer are the two top FA available.  Given my druthers...I would take Bauer but either improve the team hugely IMO.

• Like 2

I’m not going to be able to make It through this off season. I’m already obsessed with checking Twitter and this board for rumors. This is earlier than usual. I mean, I’m following two accounts named after Chicago food items lol Iknew I couldn’t handle cheering for a good team lol

Edited by Orlando
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I’m not going to be able to make It through this off season. I’m already obsessed with checking Twitter and this board for rumors. This is earlier than usual. I mean, I’m following two accounts named after Chicago food items lol Iknew I couldn’t handle cheering for a good team lol

I know I keep refreshing twitter and Soxtalk. On some days my fingers are sore. It looks like we should primarily be checking out PortillosHamburger, James Fox and WSD’s accounts because of the information they are sharing. I’m a little skeptical about Al’s Cheesy Beef because it seems like he’s just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping it sticks but he is connected through PortillosHamburger so who knows. 

Edited by maloney.adam

15 minutes ago, Orlando said:

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I know I keep refreshing twitter and Soxtalk. On some days my fingers are sore. It looks like we should primarily be checking PortillosHamburger, James Fox and WSD’s accounts because of the information they are sharing. I’m a little skeptical about Al’s Cheesy Beef because it seems like he’s just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping it sticks but he is connected through PortillosHamburger so who knows. 

You guys remember how 2018-2019 we spent 2 months thinking that something was going to happen? Get ready, this one could be far slower. 

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You guys remember how 2018-2019 we spent 2 months thinking that something was going to happen? Get ready, this one could be far slower. 

Yes that was the year we missed out on Machado and Harper. So do you think we’re going to sign any of the top free agents or make any trades?

Edited by maloney.adam

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

So do you think we’re going to sign any of the top free agents or make any trades?

I don't know, I'm sure they'll do something...but I think the rational move for both every team and virtually every player is to hold off to do anything big until February. I mean literally Chicago's mayor today is begging people not to go to large gatherings. How on Earth do you project how much money you can spend next year until you have some idea how things are going?

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know, I'm sure they'll do something...but I think the rational move for both every team and virtually every player is to hold off to do anything big until February. I mean literally Chicago's mayor today is begging people not to go to large gatherings. How on Earth do you project how much money you can spend next year until you have some idea how things are going?

Way to ruin our fun Balta! Just joking! Lol

I don't know if this is where we are dumping our Off-season plans, but here is mine...

https://www.southsidesox.com/2020/11/12/21563416/joey-doughnuts-2020-2021-off-season-plan

The long-story short is this....

In summary:

- Fire La Russa, hire Fuld

- Re-sign Colome (1yr/$6M)

- Sign Springer (5yr/$115M)

- Sign Quintana (2yr/$20M)

- Sign Yates (1yr/$6M)

- Acquire Woodruff for Cease, Mendick, Stiever, Adolfo

- $141M payroll

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Mets don’t even have a GM yet. No significant free agents should even consider signing until they know what the Mets might offer.

34 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yes I remember. A BUNCH of fake insiders popped up. Who remembers Lemonaid? Or the guy who’s bio was “A Journalist with integrity” Or the Cubs cat that kept saying Harper was going to the Cubs. At least 10 Fake accounts said the Sox signed Machado or Harper lol

Edited by Orlando

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Funny segment at the end of Laurence Holmes covering Jeff Passan’s interview about breaking the DUI story, including speculation regarding Twitter posters @wetbut23 and @Mr.Sugar(male anatomy) as Passan’s DUI source, and whether it was in house or not. 

Coupled with all the Twitter banter here with random Chicago chain fast food IDs, very amusing day and much needed after the debacle. 

I called this shit! Laurence stole it from me on here!

49 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I know I keep refreshing twitter and Soxtalk. On some days my fingers are sore. It looks like we should primarily be checking out PortillosHamburger, James Fox and WSD’s accounts because of the information they are sharing. I’m a little skeptical about Al’s Cheesy Beef because it seems like he’s just throwing stuff at the wall, hoping it sticks but he is connected through PortillosHamburger so who knows. 

It is going to be so painfully so like no other offseason, for numerous reasons... mainly:

1.) We’re all in the middle of a pandemic lock down and have nothing to do with no where to go. 

2.) Free agents aren’t going to sign for ages due to market uncertainty.

We are all going to be bonkers by December... if that.

29 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I don't know if this is where we are dumping our Off-season plans, but here is mine...

https://www.southsidesox.com/2020/11/12/21563416/joey-doughnuts-2020-2021-off-season-plan

In summary:

- Sign Yates (1yr/$6M)

- $141M payroll

Best one I've seen yet. 

• Love 1

42 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think you are right - I think we might see a really long off-season where everyone looks to buy more time. 

33 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

In summary:

- Sign Yates (1yr/$6M)

- $141M payroll

It would take way more than that to get Woodruff.

• bmags locked this topic